Wheel Bearing

So! I have my car now and it seems to be all in order, bar the fact that there was a quiet thudding, which has gradually developed into a grinding, helicopter type noise. it's coming from the passenger side wheel, and increases in speed as the car increases in speed. The CV boots are nice and intact, and steering doesn't affect the noise, so it leads me to believe the wheel bearing is dying. Any idea how much a garage would be likely to charge to replace it?
I can find the part for less than 20 quid myself, but I lack the tools to do it myself. A friend of mine may be able to help, but of not, I'll probably have to take it to the garage.

Thanks in advance!

Spoon

yeah kinda hard to do at home as you need a press, i work in a ford garage an for a hours labour your looking at £65 a hour but if you go to a backstreet one then about £30-£40 a hour if you supplied your own parts oveosly as thats just laybour
id imagin it would take a couple of hours but not overly sure

what you could try is asking a backstreet garage that if you take off the hub or what ever your self if they could press out the old bearing an press in the new, if they would do that it would be cheaper or you.

hope this helps

Oh thank you :)

Useful comments! I'll try get this all sorted ASAP because its the only problem with the car now!

Again, thanks!

Spoon