Rear Wheel bearing hubs,

Hi All, I have a job on my k11 to do soon and that is to remove both of the rear wheel bearings & hubs ( I may have mentioned this before) but have not got too do this job yet. From a youtube clip it sounds easy but what happens if the hubs are stuck & won't move due to not being touched in that aera for 19 years also I don't know what the last owner did if anything in that aera. In the youtube clip the guy used two spanners attached to the threads with nuts and pulled it off. Is it possible to strick the hub centre & dislodge the hub using a hammer & chisel or use WD40 to brake the seal and then remove it & then replace the bearings & hubs?

Yours peter 0003

The are pullers that you can buy for removing bearings, which seems to be the toughest bit of the whole job

7WIRrtR.jpg

A user did the exact same job only a few weeks ago and did a really good job of documenting everything so it'd be a huge help to you, let me find the link and I'll get it posted underneath this

Good luck, Peter

OP
OP
Peter0003
Hi Mattinaredmicr, These pullers mentioned are for removing the bearing which I'm not removing, I'm replacing the whole thing but have found in that "Machine mart catalogue2019" list there own brand cht240 universal hub puller for £30

Hi Mattinaredmicr, These pullers mentioned are for removing the bearing which I'm not removing, I'm replacing the whole thing but have found in that "Machine mart catalogue2019" list there own brand cht240 universal hub puller for £30
Yeah, the issue is that they sometimes ship the bearing/hub with the ABS cog on there unless you mean you're getting the whole thing including the part of the axle. If your car has ABS and your part supplier ships them with the cog on there then that's going to be much easier since it's a straight swap. But either way a bit of WD40 and a persistent effort rocking it back and forth and you should have it off and replaced in an afternoon

I had something similar done at a garage a while back and they snapped part of mine on the rear (if memory serves I think the metal brake line snapped under torque) trying to loosen everything so the age of the car can make it more difficult if things are brittle, I'd say make sure you start the job when you don't need to use the car for a while and just be prepared to replace more than you think you'll have to. One day shipping has saved my arse more times than I can count.