Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

Hey all,

Just a couple of quick questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I'm going to be changing a front wheel bearing on my 1999/2000 Micra Celebration.

Are the bearings press-fit?

Also when putting it all back together are there any Torque specifications that i need to be aware of?

Does anyone know where i can download a copy of a repair manual aswell? Would make life so much easier :)

Thanks.

frank

Club Member
Hey all,

Just a couple of quick questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I'm going to be changing a front wheel bearing on my 1999/2000 Micra Celebration.

Are the bearings press-fit?

Also when putting it all back together are there any Torque specifications that i need to be aware of?

Does anyone know where i can download a copy of a repair manual aswell? Would make life so much easier :)

Thanks.

hey E-Mu, they,re sure to be an interferance fit (ie, a tapered race on either side that you remove with a puller and fit with a press, or bash in/out with a drift) but personally, i would fit a s/h hub from a scrappie :)
and the shaft nut torque is 177nm

OP
OP
E
Hey frank,

Thanks for the response, I've already got a wheel bearing kit from a couple of months back so will look to see how cheap i can get a hub from a scrappy, if the pennies are there i think I'll do that and save the hassle

Cheers!