k11 brake conversion

i know that my ST has front brakes from a nissan pular and after driving both standard and this, the pulsar brakes were lethal although the ST does need them

to put ANY different brakes on a k10 you need k11 hubs and track rod ends at a minimum, ideally you need k11 wishbones too but there not essential. i have almera 1.4 brakes on mine, quite a bit larger diameter disk, bigger friction area on pad, vented too, really good improvement, and ive not managed to get them to fade yet.

whats the difference between the k10 and k11 wishbones ? also are the k11 brakes worth swapping to or would almera brakes be better?

the rear rubber/mount is bigger iirc (so you need the clamp too) and i doubt there,s much difference in the stock k11 and k10 personally

Ahhhh.... was thinking about this route once after hunting for all the bits and peices just didnt think it was worth the time and money for my stock 1.2 but if i had more power i would of gone through with it :)
Good Luck (Y)

how do you get at that conclusion?

thats the law of the physics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction

1. The force of friction is directly proportional to the applied load. (Amontons' 1st Law)
2. The force of friction is independent of the apparent area of contact. (Amontons' 2nd Law) (Amontons' 2nd Law does not work for elastic, deformable materials. For example, wider tires on cars provide more traction than narrow tires for a given vehicle mass because of surface deformation of the tire)[citation needed]
3. Kinetic friction is independent of the sliding velocity. (Coulomb's Law of Friction)

you have a point kostas :D bigger brake pads with the same pressure wouldnt necessarily mean more stopping power.... entire brake upgrade including lines etc. for maximum braking power! :D

So your saying fitting a bigger caliper and pad on the original size discs would not improve braking?I would tend to 100% disagree

the braking will improve for 2 reasons

1.bigger discs mean bigger circle,thus much more torque produced.
2.bigger discs mean more mass,thus they get hot much more difficult

you have a point kostas :D bigger brake pads with the same pressure wouldnt necessarily mean more stopping power.... entire brake upgrade including lines etc. for maximum braking power! :D

the amount of pressure applied on the brakes depends from the pressure applied on the break pedal from the driver,the servo system that amplifies it,and the caliper size

im sure new discs and pads (as long as they are bedded in properly!) including the discs should have a whole load of extra braking power :p

the bottom balljoint on the k11 is different to the k10 (dependant on year) as the k11 hubs i have (facelift ones) have a bigger tamered hole in then the k10 hubs i took off, therefore i had to put a washer under the nut when butting the ball joint back on as to pull it up a bit. K11 wishbones is somethign i will be fitting soonish.

as frank said the rubber rear mount is different, but im lead to believe that the k10 rubber can be fitted to the k11 wishbone enabling you to use the k10 bracket/clamp.

@kostas007, not afraid to hold my hands up when my opinion is proved wrong, but i still cant get my head around the fact that contact area is indapendant of friction, just somthing ive alwasy assumed, more contact with something the more friction.

Do k10 shafts have the same spline as the k11 hubs?

Likewise does anyone know whether the inner cv spline is the same between ma10 box and cg10 box. I have a 5 speed cg10 to fit.

Cheers

Do k10 shafts have the same spline as the k11 hubs?

Likewise does anyone know whether the inner cv spline is the same between ma10 box and cg10 box. I have a 5 speed cg10 to fit.

Cheers

Actually a little side note on the k11 wishbones, i found these helped the handling quite a bit being a bigger stiffer bush. K11 brakes is quite a big improvement for a little car and the use of k11 hubs open the further possibilites of fitting pulsar calipers if power ever did increase that much. Most likely not.

Can someone do a sticky of all the interchangeable brake calipers that bolt on to a k11 hub?
so far there's the k11 themselves (would the 1.3sr or supers brakes be better than the standard 1 litre ones?), the pulsar calipers (Nissan Sunny too then?) and the Almera ones.

As far as i know any nissan sunny calpiers would fit, any almera up to the last n15 model (possibly newer??) primera calipers will fit but the disks wont as the pcd is different iirc.

i doubt sr brakes are much different to 1 liter ones but im a newby k11 man so not sure. i know my sr brakes look similar to my bro's 1 litre at a quick glance.

but then you get down to what wheels your going to be fitting, if you want to retain your 13's (like me) early almera 1.4 brakes were the biggest i could go, larger diameter, vented, bigger pads. but if you have 15's on any should fit, some 14's are limited, some will accept gtir brakes some wont, i think it depends on the shape at the back of the wheel

i think only some of the 1.4,s had vented, slightly bigger discs, and i had sunny brakes on my super s with the factory 13" alloys on (bigger dia, vented disc)

Back