K11 Rear Disc Brake Cnoversion????

Hi,
I drive a 1999 Micra K11 1.0L with drum brakes on the rear.
Is it worth converting to rear discs and where can I source them.
I think the later model K11's have rear discs (although Im not completely sure), what's the best way of swapping the two?
Many thanks

You can source the whole setup for K11s from the Super S and SR models, I'm pretty sure they're the only ones that have rear discs. This would be from M reg to R I think? Best bet is to get the hubs, discs, calipers and lines. You will need a different handbrake cable as well I think? Don't quote me on that, hopefully someone else will jump in here!

Luke.

Thanks LP1337, sound quite pricy but if it makes a difference, I'm more than happy to get cracking :grinning:
thanks again

my sr i had was a p reg and had rear disc. my current micra has rear drums and to be honest they dont need need the rear discs. yes they stop on a six pence but id say my current brakes are just as good and more reliable. my sr rear calipers kept going and at 150 per caliper new from nissan they aint cheap to replace. just my experience but id say its not worth it unless they come with it mate :D

rear discs were fitted to ABS models only i believe, and the best way would be to find a scrapper and buy the whole rear axle complete and the handbrake cables.

see the threads you generated when opening this one at the bottom of the page, problee no use .
baguette is doing a set i think

Back