K11 auto

hi guys. I've been turning my micra in to a little van. But due a bad motorbike crash I had years ago I can now only drive autos. How hard would in be to put a auto box in my micra. What would I need to do it. Thank you peter

Hi peter
I like the sound of a micra van, although a pick up would be even better !
Sorry to hear of your bike smash, that sort of thing can be quite life changing eh, as for a manual to auto conversion, I'm sure it's perfectly possible ( though I am by no means an expert on this subject ).
My wife's eldest son had a '95 SLX that had been converted from auto to manual by its previous owner ( a guy called Adam, or "doom" as he used to go by on here and ciscos micra files )
Here in Australia all we got for k11 was the cg13 so converting was pretty simple,but I can't Imagine the 1.0ltr being much different although I do know the auto blocks are different to the manual block in so much as they are reinforced so as to be stronger to handle the more constant higher revs ( I know, i have a spare auto motor that is waiting for me to boost it ) .
I would guess an auto 1000cc would be a pretty gutless thing to live with though, I know you said your engine has low miles but surly it would be better to get a complete 1.3 auto engine and box and just pull yours out and slap in the auto. Obviously you will need the auto shifter, and the ecu from the auto too because I think it has some sort of accidentally selecting reverse whilst driving inhibitor of something. At least going manual to auto you don't have the hassle of pedal box and clutch to worry about.
Anyway, good luck with the project, hopefully someone more knowledgable on the subject will chime in. Check out the MSC Australia Facebook page, most of the people from ciscos are on there and it's quite active, and while I doubt anyone on there has done manual to auto, some may have done auto to manual ( so just reverse they're advice haha )

Back