Auto K11 Micra

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I would like to ask those of you who have driven or owned an auto K11 Micra for a little feed back?

My wife and i just purchased a new home and where hopeing to sell our Bluebird and buy a new Swift, but after spending what we have on our home we would have only a few grand to spend.

My wife sugested (no ****) that we still sell the bluebird and buy her an auto aqua Micra (i swear theres no pressure) and am wanting to no a little about them.

Are the autos very weak? If they break are they cheap to purchase threw wreckers?

Do they lose alot of performance being auto?

Is the SLX the best Micra available with the auto trans?
Is it easy to find them with air/steer and ABS? And are they available in the series 2.

Any help i would like to thank people in advance for and look forward to your imput...

I'm not going to be a weirdo if i have 2 Micras in my garage am i?

cisco

» CMF Member
Come on feel the snake bite anaconda - join the dark side.

"Two micra homes" are among the healthiest of Australian homes.

There's me (what a loser), and White Knight (what a big gun).

So you can't go wrong. Get it get it get it.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I just can't justify the fuel bills any more?

My Micra is driven every day and some days the bluebird doesn't even make it out of the garage and it still beats my Micra to the pump.

Can some one tell me also if the suspension is a little softer on the slx's, I've only driven Super S so am unsure?

cisco

» CMF Member
Suspension identical across all models. Funny hey.
"Sports" model with mostly aesthetics/function upgrades only.

Super S has tighter turning circle. But thanks to my Nissan workshop manual I realised now that its only more limited. I.e. turning ratio is identical, just that LX allows a wider turning circle, Super S hits the end limits quicker - Nissan did this purely for the larger tyres so they don't rub on the guards. Fooled me. I coulda sworn that Super S's steering feels more direct, less turns for the same response/effect etc..

Thoughts?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
There always seems to be a (healthy) supply of k11 CVTs in brisbane.

The general idea of them here is that if they break, you throw it out and buy another one. Thats what about 4 wreckers told me anyway...

Its the same with the Honda Jazz CVT - honda dealers dont usually fix them, they send the back to japan and put a new box in the car (thats what I last heard anyway!).

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Tony, my dad is on his second cvt slx micra.

CVT is different, its like an auto manual, it doesn't creep like a 4AT would, nice setup, so easy to drive - i really like it, like a limo micra, lol his has really dark tint too. The CVT's are only in SLX models AFAIk - never seen one in anything else yet, and none of them have ABS, only superS have ABS. All if seen have power steer and aircon though. Dad's first one (pic below) was a 95 S1, he had no issues with it, loved it. but it was written off by a truck tyre. He then got a 97 S2 SLX, which came with factory electric front windows :D, the interior light stays on for 5-10seconds after you shut the drivers door so you can find the keyhole :p, think it has seatbelt warning light on dashboard and much nicer trim on the inside, no issues with it either, he bought the 97 S2 in aug last year i think, and has done 45-50K, got it with 123K now has over 170K,

Alex

and what sss said, if anything breaks on it, just look for another auto box, i think kickdown cables are the only thing economically worth replacing? hmm are kickdowns only on 4AT, bah dunno :p

Back