K11 Auto Transmission

I just got a used A/T K11

What do I need to know about this type of transmission?
Is it fragile?
What type of tranny fluid does it use?
What do i need to watch out for?

Sorry I'm such a Noob
Thanks In Advance

jomi

i think they use a magnetised metal powder clutch and can be expensive to repair
i think the fluid is normal atf
there are some threads about the brushes iirc

Thanks frank, will try to look for more info on this :)

btw, i have been reading about CVT and it doesnt quite fit the behavior of my March, i can feel the transmission jerking/shifting, upshifting and downshifting when i drive it.

Thanks frank, will try to look for more info on this :)

btw, i have been reading about CVT and it doesnt quite fit the behavior of my March, i can feel the transmission jerking/shifting, upshifting and downshifting when i drive it.

Strangely I was just about to ask the same question about having overdrive!
Having read the Haynes and the Nissan Handbook for my Super S nothing seemed right about the gearbox description.

Do you have an overdrive button on the side of your gear selector? If you do then I have the same gearbox! I think the nissan march also did 3 or 4 speed auto boxes as well as the cvt box depends on the model, I suppose.

Have you had any issues tracking down the correct paint code yet?

yes gjb02storm, mine has overdrive, and i checked the relays and fuses for CVT, they were empty o_O

i can feel mine shift from 1st to 4th with overdrive on. does this mean that our cars do not have the CVT type A/T?

JDM Marches used a four speed automatic transmission on 1.0 models from January '92, it was similar to the gearbox used on the K10 but with the addition of an overdrive, the same sort of gearbox was used on 1.3 Marches from December '97, strangely this type of transmission was offered alongside the NCVT, all the information I can find says that the UKDM Micra only ever came with the NCVT type of automatic gearbox.

Back