K11 Alternator Bolt Seized (Solutions?)

Right, just purchased a new "alt" as the previous one was making all types of crackling noises... and killing the car so need to go, unscrewed the bottom two bolts NO PROBLEM AT ALL.
However...

The top left one, above the belt AIN'T MOVING i have tried like 5 different sprays even hammered it, ... so i am at a loss here what to do?

Please help any advice?

Cheers

Get it to a local mechanic with an impact wrench.

Or if your DIY determined, put turning force on a ring spanner on it whilst hammering the nut/bolt at the same time to DIY improvise mimic the impact wrench action.

Improvise, adapt & overcome?

Good luck :)

Last edited:
you have to loosen the long bolt on the side first (it goes through top of the alternator, through the bracket and into the adjuster block) allowing the assembly to move,
and then you turn the adjustment bolt at the front counterclock, allowing the alternator to swing closer towards the engine and loosen the belt

Get it to a local mechanic with an impact wrench.

Or if your DIY determined, put turning force on a ring spanner on it whilst hammering the nut/bolt at the same time to DIY improvise mimic the impact wrench action.

Improvise, adapt & overcome?

Good luck :)

I'll try, i have all the tools i need even impact wrench etc lol

you have to loosen the long bolt on the side first (it goes through top of the alternator, through the bracket and into the adjuster block) allowing the assembly to move,
and then you turn the adjustment bolt at the front counterclock, allowing the alternator to swing closer towards the engine and loosen the belt

That bolt is gone mate, i took it out it's on the seat and yet the other bolt ain't moving still... FROZEN.. lol

I'll tinker around a bit more also have an electric ratchet wrench (not used it yet) need to charge it.

Cheers my guyz

So this is the Bolt.

to unscrew this i go forward right? not backwards? i need to make sure i'm not making it more tight lol..

so go forwards towards the engine is the right way right?

Cheers

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 0
Looking at your problem, I would advice you to leave the bolt, and remove the bolts from the steel plate connecting to the engine, lift the whole unit out with bracket attached, you can then warm up this bolt with a blow torch (now it is out of the engine bay), Most bolts on the Micra cars are right hand thread, that means looking at the bolt head to loosen you turn anti-clockwise and visa versa IE clockwise to tighten.

If the bolt does not loosen (years of heat cold and damp can corrode the threads so they fuse together), buy an another plate off e-bay from the wreckers and reassemble that way ok.:unsure:

ALL DONE FELLAS

New Alt installed.

Bottom two bolts don't go all the way in though... which is odd but it's tight as hell so not that worried.

New belt aswell

she's fresh now gg :)

Back