k11 -93 1,0 misfire...

CMF_bulleribock

» CMF Member
my precious micra is failing me.. badly.. one day when i started the engine it sounded a bit lika a tractor. what to do i thought.. after some investigation i've come to the conclusion that; one (the first) cylinder doesn't fire though the plug givs a good spark. the plug felt kinda dry so i figured it may be the INJECTOR. a volt-meter gave a good reading on the connection from the ECU. my question? anybody experienced trouble with the injectors? not done compressioon test but as the cylinder is dry i thought it might be more of a fuel problem.

CMF_bulleribock

» CMF Member
good idea frank! but how does "signaled via the negative" work?

and one more thing.. think it's possible to fit injector/injector-fuel-rail from a 1.3 motor? trouble finding spare parts (in sweden...).

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
bulleribock

the injectors are all live with the ignition and are earthed by the ecu, if you see what i mean ?
1.0 and 1.3 injectors are the same iirc ( mine has primera ones )

frank

CMF_bulleribock

» CMF Member
frank

thanks for the help in desperate times.. on the ECU subject, you think that the volt-reading, being similar to the working one next to it, is enough info to rule out a faulty ECU? i know this will show if the injectors are switched but i'm a little worried over this procedure as i'm not an experienced diy...

Back