K10 Versions

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
I been looking for stuff in ebay. particularly a new driver side headlight. i have noticed that headlights and other parts for the K10 are split into 1983-1988 and 1989-1993 (i think this is called "Facelift"). Other things i noticed were brake discs. Can anyone give me a list of stuff that was changed in the K10 between 1988-89?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Bumpers, wings, grille and headlights were changed! The interiors are the same, just vary between models thats all.

Blimy mate that was fast!! hehe. thanks again, gonna have to buy ya a drink at bolney :) . would explain a prob ive got then. my grille doesnt fit, my pass side light is in the way and pushing the grille out. i think this has been replaced by a "pre 89" light and its fouling the grille. my other light is correct model but leaks water.. so looks like i need 2 new 89+ headlights. dang!

Get some pictures up, it'l be easy to tell what isnt fitting for what reason.

Check the rubber seal on the back of the light isnt perished, as water can leak in this way.

I also think the wing mirrors changed shape too but forgot to post that previously.

i think the fuel pump as well. as the ones pre 88 are mechanical and after are electronic? according to parts on ebay.. and brake disks are different part numbers.

Yeah there were mechanical changes, i was just referring to the cosmetic ones. The pre facelift used points whereas the post facelift has electronic ignition :)

ok now im confused! i have a 1989 K10. and it has points. is there any way i can check for sure what model i have??? frame numbers?

That should have electronic ignition. Also every K10 has a mechanical fuel pump there are NO electronic fuel pumps on ANY K10 except for the March Turbo, March Superturbo and the Figaro.

is there that much difference between the older K10 and newer K10 lights?? enough to make the grille not fit?

Just the shape i think Pre facelift look more squashed in apperance to the post facelift lights, and are a bit squarer in style.

Back