k10 gearbox ratio

bobsp16

Site Supporter
can anyone tell me from the technical service data books on all k10 gearbox ratio.
i no that all gears are the same 1 though to 4 in 4 speed boxes and the only different between the 5 speed box is the extra gear.
but its the differential ratio iam after of all k10s and which model had what in
i no that early 1.0 4 speeds with 12" wheels had a 3.5 diff and the same early ones with 5 speeds had a 3.7 i think
but its the later facelift 1.0 and 1.2 on 13" with 4 or 5 speeds which i would like
which model had what in..........please if anybody noes

Bob your getting lazy with your posts!..

It would be interesting to finally put this all to rest. The difference between the 5 speed long ratio and 5 speed close ratio is vast.. Infact I really think the close ratio one is pointless for the road, however probably is the best one for what you want. I find it amazing that you can pull away in third and totally ignore 2 and 4th gears when using it lol! I will put all the data here when I have it, and round up a definitive list of K10 ratios.

i no paul people have posted loads of bits on this subject but what i would like to no is what box and diff ratio is in what model weather it be 4 or 5 speed or 1.0/1.2
what i have found in the sevice books is these number
RN4F40A 4 SPEED
RS5F41A 5 SPEED
Thats it! but these marks are no where to be found on the boxes same as diff ratio you dont now whats in what model
The only marks stamped on the boxes is
******** s4 or ******* s5
******** v4

diff ratios

Looking at the Nissan electronic parts catalogue, there is a bewildering array of different gearboxes, and internal gearbox parts. The numbers RS5F41A refer to the 5 speed box and RN4F40A the 4 speed. The internal ratios could be anything though. They mix and match depending on the year and engine.

Luckily there appears to be only four part numbers for crown wheels for the manual gearboxes. What this means is that there are only actually three final drive ratios fitted to normal K10 gearboxes.
81/20 (4.05)
80/21 (3.81)
79/22 (3.59)

All 4 speed boxes are 3.81.

All 82-85, 5 speed are 3.59.

All 85-87, 5 speed are 3.81

87 onward, 5 speed MA10 are 4.05.

88 onward, 5 speed MA12 are 3.81

These are the parts available anyway, whether these combinations were actually sold in the UK is a different question. The actual gear ratios aren’t listed I’m afraid so I can’t tell you those.

I hope thats of some use? I guess you are looking for the lowest ratio (4.05) found in the later 5speed MA10's?

Craig

Back