K10 4-speed gear ratio

Is it me or does the gear ratio's on the 4-speed K10 seem a bit short it's good for acceleration but not cruising

I don't have a rev counter so cant tell you for sure but when i get to 40-45mph in 4th it seems like it needs another gear :(

is the 5 speed box better for cruising @ 50-60mph?

Is it me or does the gear ratio's on the 4-speed K10 seem a bit short it's good for acceleration but not cruising

I don't have a rev counter so cant tell you for sure but when i get to 40-45mph in 4th it seems like it needs another gear :(

is the 5 speed box better for cruising @ 50-60mph?

60 in a 4 speed is like 3.5k revs (4th gear) and yeah its more for the acceleration
i have super s dials in my ls , best thing ive done to it so far :p

60 in a 4 speed is like 3.5k revs (4th gear) and yeah its more for the acceleration
i have super s dials in my ls , best thing ive done to it so far :p

wow it feels like more than that get a pic of your dash next time :laugh:

edit:
Just to conclude this thread ive now got a rev gauge and Diskwiped was right with the low revs for the 4-speed K10 gearbox

50mph is about 2800 rpm
55mph is almost bang on 3000rpm

thats with standard 155/70/13 steel wheels on.

the 5th gear on my super s is really good for just crusing on motorways, it will still pull on the 1.2 engine but on the 1.0 im unsure, i think andy88 has the 5 speed on a 1L

i personally find the 4 speedis better on the motorway, the 5 speed is ok but i find that on a slight hill/incline the speed starts to drop off.

it is great on fuel though and think at 60mph it does about 2.5k revs

Back