k10 front disc removal?? anyone

hello please coldsomeon help me i am trying to remove my front disc's off my g-reg k10 and they are not moving any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

there doesn't seem to be a retaining nut/allen bolt like i have seen on others so is it just a good whack they need or is there something im not doing manual is no help what-so-ever please help!!!

also just a thought is this the right way to get at the hub to replace snapped/broken wheel stud
many thanks
sean

Hello Sean
I would heat the centre of the disk up with a blow torch untill its red hot. Then tap it from behind with a plastic faced or hard rubber mallet,,,Dont use a hammer because it could shatter.....this has always worked for me when i come across stuborn disks
hope this helps
Liam

if your worried about shattering a disc with a hammer, I wouldnt mess about heating it up. I dont see how they could of siezed that much, that a swift hit witha hammer should loosen them off the hub.

If not, give it a jolly good bashing (all the way around as it needs to come of the hub level) and if you smash the disc, dont worry, theyre only like £20 for the pair.

Also you have taken the caliper/carrier off aswell, havnt you?

micra

As you can see in this picture, the disc isnt held on by anything so should come off pretty easily, if not give it a tap around the drum part of the disc (the part that goes around the hub) and the face of the disc (where the wheel bolts on)

IT'S COME OFF HOORAH!!!!! i just heated it up a little and gave it one almighty WHACK and off it came THANK YOU PEOPLES it looks like they are the original one's and have never been taken off before so i will be replacing them with newer one's THANKS once again
sean

Back