K10 Exhaust flanges

Bargain to me, with two jobs and college just over the next Hill im getting kindve desperate for a new flange without the time. Plus it would probably cost you around that much to get just one done!

Payment sent, thanks.

For 35 squid it'd be nice to see what they look like....so if you have a pic it'd be much appreciated. :)

There's a pair of the same flanges that ive welded on to a k10 exhaust manifold the other day,,,
but if you want a set thats been iver laser cut gas profile or even plasma cut then youle be paying around £80/100 for some,
So for £35 inc postage i dont think its to bad at all
12-Picture%20496.jpg

bobsp16

look,s good ! but those headers look huge compared to the exit pipe, supposed to be around 2/3rd dia i think ! exh gas speed is important, if they fall below a crutial level you get stalling and turbulance and a flat spot in the bottom end usually

craig or anyone !

i,ll post you my old janspeed k11 flanges for the price of bronze membership if thats any use (got no paypal, never had a credit card, so a bit awkward to join!).

frank

craig or anyone !

i,ll post you my old janspeed k11 flanges for the price of bronze membership if thats any use (got no paypal, never had a credit card, so a bit awkward to join!).

frank

Cheque? :p

They may look a bit tatty but for the price there a good price plus the look pretty much identical to the ones Caterham have on the K-series engines lol.

bobsp16

look,s good ! but those headers look huge compared to the exit pipe, supposed to be around 2/3rd dia i think ! exh gas speed is important, if they fall below a crutial level you get stalling and turbulance and a flat spot in the bottom end usually

think ! thats ok then because its allway reving around 7000rpm,,There's nothing wrong with that manifold its the same size as the ports it was made by one of the best custom exhaust maker in the country..tony law..
Its the one that i had made for my autograss car here a picture when it was new
4-Picture%20345.jpg

2-Picture%20344.jpg

What sort of price would you charge for a 4-2-1 manifold like in the pic?

Wouldn't fit a standard roadcar the altonater in the way

Tony Law

Tony Law was recommended to me by another exhaust maker. I believe he is in my area somewhere (Notts). Can you give me his number or business name?

S

bobsp16

don,t take offence ! im,e just saying that the exit pipe LOOKS a simular size to the headers but has to handle 4 times as much exh gasflow. if it,s the camera angle then i stand corrected !!

frank

bobsp16

don,t take offence ! im,e just saying that the exit pipe LOOKS a simular size to the headers but has to handle 4 times as much exh gasflow. if it,s the camera angle then i stand corrected !!

frank

no offence taken mate its the camera angle

the header are only 1.1/4" the 2 link pipes are 1.1/2 and the exit 2"

Tony Law was recommended to me by another exhaust maker. I believe he is in my area somewhere (Notts). Can you give me his number or business name?

S

Tony Law exhausts is in leeds....01132 715422
full stainless system include 4/2/1 manifold is around £600
mild steel like mine is around £450

Frank, sounds like you have a deal there - what flanges are they, the head ones, or the mid-pipe ones? How do you want to do it?
Cheers Craig

craig

it,s my 6 year old k11 janspeed with 1 pinhole on no1 pipe and a row of pinholes on a twin pipe near the sump (iv,e nicked the cat flange and 2 ft of pipe for a project ).
i was going to cut the flanges off plus 2 inch of pipe to keep the postage down ?

frank

Sounds good - I take it that the flange is not totally rusted away then?
TBH you might as well cut the pipes off as close to the flange as you can as I'm only going to be removing them anyway and its probably easier to do with all the pipe length on there.
It'd be nice to know the diameter of the janspeed primaries too :)
Let me know what you want to do about the membership - my email is:

mr _ tea _ is _ "at" hotmail "dot" co "uk" (obviously remove the spaces and replace the "" things with what they are, but keep the _'s)

Craig

craig

no the flanges are still mint, primaries are 35mm o/d, your welcome to the 3 y pieces if they are any use, wait till they arrive, then sort my bronze membership please ! my email is [email protected] if i cock up !

frank

Yeah, the more stuff the better really - I've replied to your mail, anyway.
Do I not need to put your address etc in to sort out membership?
Craig

craig

not sure, but can send you what you need, can send manifold complete but postage will shoot up i think ! you paying the diff is a problem coz i,ve got no paypal/credit card etc ! and nobody likes cheque,s these days. just checking, "these are k11", coz we,ve hijacked this thread, sorry !

frank

thanks wrenchable, i think theres bank charges tho !. and they can kiss my a###
sorry superls i was,nt cocking a deffun, i,me running out of threads ! craig will sort you if he does,nt use them.
craig good luck with your project, personally i think the primaries on these janspeeds are way too big for a road car(35mm is a hell of a size for 300 ish cc) great for a n/a screemer or track car but their a differant animal ! i have often wondered if 25mm primaries would give a better mid range which should give you a quicker 0 to 60 ! (with our factory wide ratio g/boxes)

Yeah you have to remember the Janspeeds are just a cheap fastroad manifold, there proven to work and do the job just fine. There aren't any bank charges if you use your own cheque book, if not get one the bank wont charge you or postal orders are fairly cheap.

i just found that the power gains with the janspeed, tho impressive were on the top end (5000 to 7000) ,so when i changed into 2nd gear i had to wait 2 or 3 seconds till it was back in the power band, it was killing my 0 to 60. i prefer more mid range grunt ,so with my current mods my power band is 3000 to 6000 which means i make use of 3 gears on a 0 to 60, and are always inside the power band, it would be a different story with a close ratio g/box, but they,re meggabucks eh

Oh right sorry Bob, back on topic now!

The flanges arrived all perfectly cheers Bob i should have them on by the end of this month. :laugh:

bobsp16

i have tried to help anyone if i can but i am pretty new to this posting lark and with hindsight seem to have done my best to p##s you off, it certainly was,nt intended !

Back