decat pipe flanges

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
decat pipe free 4 member

I have been looking for a decat pipe for the 1.0L and have found varied prices some expensive some are not. anyway i have made some flanges the same size as metal gasket but 1cm thick you can buy a mild steel pipe from auto discount shop for about 10 quid per 2 meter. so if you remove cat and make a jig so that the flanges bolt to jig then weld in pipe bobs your uncle fanny,s your aunt cheap decat pipes.
Photo-0024.jpg

Yeah done it several times when removing centre boxes from fast road systems, easy if the route is dead straight if not pipe needs to be bent. Not possible you can save some more money and get a competition system?

to bend pipe without a pipe bender is easy , make jig with steel wheel and pins fill pipe with sand heat area you want to bend then fold around pins or wheel no kinks as its filled with sand ends welded up of course practise makes perfect

No not made up from someone on ebay read my post I made them. my m8 works in a metal fabrication factory and I get to use the flow jet when he is on night shift. I will be removing my cat this weekend to make a jig then I will be selling the completed pipes on ebay or I might supply the flanges if their is plenty of interest in them I would imagine that given the weight of them it would be about 10 quid to cover costs and postage.

K, just saw what they were lying on, I'd be interested in on, could you get manifold flanges made up cheap ish?
Ta

is there any chance of a couple of K10 cat flanges, also some exhaust manifold ones would help my cause...

let me no if u can and how much

if you have the exact dimensions or even better template drawn on paper then if its just a straight forward flat cut like the flanges then prob yes. I had drawn round gasket to get the dimensions for the decat flange but i altered the centre bore to 2" so that there was a bigger mating face, manifold flanges are just flat but who has the pipe bender to make the four branch maybe we can get some cheap four branch manifolds made up.. all I can say is if you send me the drawings exactly as you want them done and with what thickness material i will see what i can do as for price well I will have to grease palms I wont rip you off but i cant expect to get stuff for nowt.

Good stuff, I've been in contact with some laser cutting places, they want £100 minimum, I have everything but the time and flanges to make custom manifolds, I will try to get some manofold templates drawn up, most likely in PDF form if this is good for you?

i have a coupe of flanges that will be made up and on ebay soon.

and have orignal hangers as well.

i take it you will be making / positioning these as they are required to support the centre section of the exhaust.

pdf is fine i can print them out as long as everything is there that i will need then chins up.

im only making flanges at moment if i make complete decate pipe then it will have all the hangers needed to mount it correctly.

Hangers? The decat doesn't need need/have hangers, there is a horseshoe mounted on rubbers than hangs down which is connected to the chassis and also a nut with a tether on it, but that's all that holds up the midsection of the exhUST.

I will get to work on the outline, any idea when you could have a couple made up by?
Craig

all depends when my m8s on night shift I have 7 pairs of decat flanges allready done I was going to make a jig this weekend out of mdf or chipboard just so everything lines up ok. I will see him this weekend as he was night shift this week it may be in 2 weeks time that he is on nights again.

hopefully this tuesday for decat pipes and my m8 says he has some more 10ml stock arriving next week so give me drawings.

can you get some made up in stainless? £££???
no is the answer to that to expensive and to be honest i have to pay for stuff before i get it then if i get stuck with stainless pipe and flanges then im out of pocket, also you have to use stainless welds as well even more expense.................mild steel or heavy steel is all i will be doing........

got some done see buy section........................
also to get things moving along and for someone else to road test these pipes im going to give one away free of charge who ever gets it or wants it has to fit it to there micra all I want you to do in return is reply on here and comment on ease of fit and any increase in performance you may notice......
you will need 4 new nuts and bolts jointing paste and new metal gaskets I will even pay the postage.........you must how ever promise that you are going to fit it and give an honest account........first Official Member to reply gets it......................

me..seeign as my car is having the turbo converison done....i will comment for sure on ease of fit..how deep the note of the exhaust chnages and power gain e.t.c

ok m8 its yours one for free just pm me your addy and i will send you one asap dont forget you need new nuts and bolts plus metal gaskets and jointing compound ie gum gum

ok cheers m8 they may not look the best but they work..........you are now my decat tester....................whoopie

Back