K10 Dials fitted =D

So, Finally i have fitted my SuperS Dials which a brought From NeX a little while back.

Fitted them to my 1.0ltr LS K10 , this was not as plug'n'play as i first thought, but it was by no means hard. i'll draw up a guide soonish for anyone else wanting to do this :)

The whole process was actually quite funny, i took each wire out of the old dials and labelled them, re-wired the plugs , and plugged the new dials in.
Main beam light worked. Indicator lights worked when hazards were on. that was it.
I assumed i had failed and spent a few hours messing around and confirming my labelling; even the Haynes came out, but all was good :suspect:

Anyway after trying a few things i decided to check the fuses.. 2 had blown in the process :down:

Replaced them, and all works perfect 'Slaps self on forehead'
And now i have a nice'n'neat rev counter =D

:laugh:
I suppose there's only one way to learn.
I'll blog the K10 when ive finally got her back on the road; only a brake pipe left to do now :)

iv got the super s dials aswel, still need fitting tho!

dont supose youve drawn that guide yet mate?

it'll make it quick n easier for me:)

iv got the super s dials aswel, still need fitting tho!

dont supose youve drawn that guide yet mate?

it'll make it quick n easier for me:)

aww it was a while ago since i did that, what i did was followed this
97835241.jpg

i then worked out what each wire in the LS did using haynes wiring diagrams and a voltmeter.
if i can find it (it should be in the glove box) ill scan the wire/colour refrence i made
sorry i cant be of more immediate help, but i'll see what i can do.

Ahhh yeah, good point.
Saying that though, it's not a major hassle to put up with!

i know but i got one off of a 1.0 something something white car lol
and attempted to drill a hole for the trip meter but cracked it too :down:
and would still be left with the clock hole aswell,
at the moment im driving around with nothing covering it dunno whether the M.O.T people will frown at this though?

i know but i got one off of a 1.0 something something white car lol
and attempted to drill a hole for the trip meter but cracked it too :down:
and would still be left with the clock hole aswell,
at the moment im driving around with nothing covering it dunno whether the M.O.T people will frown at this though?
tape around the bit you need to drill (a strong tape)
then just drill it using a very low pressure and plenty of lube (just spray wd-40 at it as it drills)

aww it was a while ago since i did that, what i did was followed this
97835241.jpg

i then worked out what each wire in the LS did using haynes wiring diagrams and a voltmeter.
if i can find it (it should be in the glove box) ill scan the wire/colour refrence i made
sorry i cant be of more immediate help, but i'll see what i can do.

Thanks loads for the diagram Diskwiped.
That should be a great help. im gona give it ago tomorrow me thinks.

I havnt got a voltmeter tho. is that Necessary?

Anythin else you think i mite need to know would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks loads for the diagram Diskwiped.
That should be a great help. im gona give it ago tomorrow me thinks.

I havnt got a voltmeter tho. is that Necessary?

Anythin else you think i mite need to know would be much appreciated.

Thanks

well you can find all the wire colours in the haynes, but i used the voltmeter just to confirm it.

to take the wires out of the plugs ( yeah its the same plugs physically, but the wires are in different locations )
you need to bend the flaps up (you will see what i mean) and use something (a small screwdriver, unbent paperclip etc) to push the tab.

i also recommend labelling the wires as you find out what each one is.
ill actually run out to the car for you now, if i cant find my wire refrence i used, ill use the haynes to find out as much as i can for you :)

well you can find all the wire colours in the haynes, but i used the voltmeter just to confirm it.

to take the wires out of the plugs ( yeah its the same plugs physically, but the wires are in different locations )
you need to bend the flaps up (you will see what i mean) and use something (a small screwdriver, unbent paperclip etc) to push the tab.

i also recommend labelling the wires as you find out what each one is.
ill actually run out to the car for you now, if i cant find my wire refrence i used, ill use the haynes to find out as much as i can for you :)

thanks mates, (Y)
i think i should invest in a haynes manual when i get some money, it must realy come in handy?
yeah thats a good idea labeling wires. i'l diffinetly do that.

Dont worry if you cant find the wire refrence you used mate. i dont mind fitting the clocks with trail n error, just takes more time.

where abouts on the coil do connect the wire for the rev gauge?

thanks

thanks mates, (Y)
i think i should invest in a haynes manual when i get some money, it must realy come in handy?
yeah thats a good idea labeling wires. i'l diffinetly do that.

Dont worry if you cant find the wire refrence you used mate. i dont mind fitting the clocks with trail n error, just takes more time.

where abouts on the coil do connect the wire for the rev gauge?

thanks

i believe you run it off the negative terminal (if my memory serves me correct)
be very careful when tightening the bolt as its only made out of brass, i broke mine and had to buy another coil (lmao)
i just tightened with my fingers. (on the new one, used a spanner on the old one lol)

i believe you run it off the negative terminal (if my memory serves me correct)
be very careful when tightening the bolt as its only made out of brass, i broke mine and had to buy another coil (lmao)
i just tightened with my fingers. (on the new one, used a spanner on the old one lol)

im pritty sure my cars the 1.2 lx, i took the sticker of the boot n i havnt got my log book with me.

thanks for all the advise dude(Y)

big help!

im pritty sure my cars the 1.2 lx, i took the sticker of the boot n i havnt got my log book with me.

thanks for all the advise dude(Y)

big help!

well the LX has the clock i believe.

if that is correct the this guide applies:
I have done this not so long ago...
I have made a diagram for you, so i think although my english is not so good installing SuperS dials will be understandable and easy ;)
but first... some explanations...
1. I dont have LS but LX K10.. but i dont think that there is a difference in dials...
2. In standard dials there are 2 connectors, both with 10 pins (witch gives us 20 pins). In SuperS dials there are 3 connectors, first has 10 pins, second has 8, and there is a 2 pin connector coming out straight from the speedometer... (witch gives us 20 pins).
3. Everything I will tell you now will be from the perspective like you would be looking at the back of the dials...

ok.. so... lets start :)
first... the easy part... the right connector... it's the same connector only that its horizontal now... we just have to change one cable here, and it's the cable from the rev counter... you have to connect it to the coil, and be sure to connect it thru 2,2kOhm resistor... when you do it... we're done here ;)

second... the hard part... the left connector... as you can see the connector from the standard dials is 2 pins longer... i solved this problem by cutting off one "section" and glueing two parts together:
SuperS_dials2LXconn.jpg

now it is the time for rewireing this connector... i think that everything you'll need is on the diagram:
SuperS_dials2LX.jpg

(on the right connector there are "Long lights"... its just because i dont know how do you call them in english ;) )

If you have any suggestions, or if I have done any mistakes please tell me...

with the 2,2kOhm resistor just so im sure, you wire up the rev gauge to the negative side of the coil but you connect the 2,2kOhm resistor inbetwen the rev guage an the coil?
is that completly nessersary?
thanks

Finaly found time to fit the super s dials.
I followed the diagram you showed me Diskwiped, and it worked:grinning: first time.

Thanks for the help and info mate(Y)

Back