K10 cutting out while driving?

Is this while the engine is hot? Driving fast or slow?

When my engine was hot and doing about 40, it would struggle big time, lose all power when my foot was flat to the floor - this turned out to be the carb

and more recently, it wouldnt start. Kept cutting out (stalling) at low speeds pulling up to junctions etc. This turned out to be the dizzy

I used to have this too. With me the car was spluttering and sometimes stalling for a longer time while doing 40-50 mph.

It turned out to be a mix between a faulty carb and bad points in the distributor.
Which was solved after putting in the electronic ignition (without points) and getting the carb off one of the first micra's :D Although any carb would have done the job :)

Look at his sig. Unfortuantely pietro, as you have a far from standard carb setup (presumabley still with suspect float levels) you need to get that looked at first.

i had the same problem with my k11

my dad sorted it all said it wasmymanifold but in the k10 it should be your points or condenser (if that makes sense it's just what he's said to me mate) or even simpler try a new spark plug loll

hope that helps mate

just cutting out?? Wow that sucks. Does it idle properly?

and Ner-Ection, your username is properly subliminal like! :wow:

I think it may be the rotar arm as it is not to healthy. It is either this or fuel supply problem, the filter is new though?

The carb was cleaned and now works great with no flat spots. The car idles ok too (at about 1300rpm) due to carb setup.

I will change the rotar arm 1st.

Anyone know where I can buy a new one online?

ps. Ed - fitted the back box (which has helped top end).

check conections on the coil as u may find that there is a loose cable i had this a few years back called rac out they told me it was the dizzy then found the cable had come off and it was held on by the cover over the coil so it kept coming lose cutting out then touching again it was a pain

Lol glad its sorted! The only thing you should trust is the rev counter and your right foot!! I do ;)

Don't agree with you arnold!!! But then with low power cars I surpose its true however if large power you wouldnt have time to react before you had gone way beyond a sensible RPM and caused damage..

Don't agree with you arnold!!! But then with low power cars I surpose its true however if large power you wouldnt have time to react before you had gone way beyond a sensible RPM and caused damage..

Yeah i was referring to the micra! with anything else, i'd want a rev limiter. You guys still think i need one for my car :p

Back