driving while cold, lacking power

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
The problem i have is when the car hasnt reached operating temperature stepping a little harder on the pedel, the car feels like its chocking as thoe no fuel or spark is present i cant work out whats missing. Once the car warms up no more issues.

The car starts first go every time. Ive got a new distributer and new throttle body, new leads. the timming has been set when the car is at temp as ive found on the forum and in the haynes manual. 30 000kms ago i put a new oxygen sensor. Irridium spark plugs about 15 000kms ago. the injectors where just cleaned out. the problem started before i changed the throttle body and the distributer. Its just getting worse very slowly thoe. The air filter looks good i just dont think it would be it but will change it this weekend.

Any one have any ideas on where i should be looking and what maybe is causing this issue.

The car is a 95lx micra manual

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Mine does the same thing when cold, just lacks power and runs a little rough till it's up to temp, but it's really not all that long so it's not bothered me all that much.

I was actually thinking mine was likely overdue for an O2 sensor, but if yours has been done it makes me wonder if it's the issue, really it's just poor fuel metering when cold, I guess it could also be a temp sensor not quite reading right.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
this is where an a/f/r gauge or voltmeter is handy, if it is bobbing up and down in the middle @ cruise, about 2 times a sec (or .4 to .6v) then its closed looping/lambda working ok

and if it runs off the scale rich for the 1st mile or so then starts to closed loop, then the coolant temp sensor is ok :)

Back