k10 bad boy grill pointers please!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
hey all, still in the fight to get my micra back on the road and looking good i got a fibre glass kit for my grill. Ive seen them done a few times and I just spotted daves which from the pic looks really nice. Basically im sat at home with a free evening, a fiber glass kit, and some filler. I have never used fiber glass before or even attempted anything like this. any tips? any help or guidance would be appreciated. Im going to go hack up my grill in the garage il come check back in a bit! when i start to get unsure!:wasntme:

fiberglassing and filling at the end of the day mate is an art some people can some people cant, best thing to do mate is get a spare grill to practice on and see how you get on.

best tips i can say make sure you use enough hardener (with filler), applying resin to fibre glass sheets is easy as you just brush it on but be generous with the resin to ensure it goes nice and solid :)

i chopped it up last night then filled out job application forms so stopped, im sure even if it takes me a week to get it plush and nice il get it eventually! il try n post pics when im done

take your time and do it well, its not like its needed for the car to work so its ok to be off for a week or so. Im in the middle of doing my grille atm, but i went a bit ott with the filler so looooots of sanding :B

as already said just take your time, i kept thinking i'd finished mine then stepped back and noticed it was'nt right. go down scrappy and get your self a spare grille like i did. it looks good when you get it rite :D

Back