K10 1L carb questions

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
HI

i was wondering, can the jets be changed in the K10 1L carb. i believe the type is Hitachi Carburetor DCZ 306? with the autochoke

if they can where can i get new ones?

cheers

Steve

HI

i was wondering, can the jets be changed in the K10 1L carb. i believe the type is Hitachi Carburetor DCZ 306? with the autochoke

if they can where can i get new ones?

cheers

Steve

They can, but whats your plan? Do you have a problem with it?
Just that the 1.0L jets are the biggest type on the ma engines...

well what i wanted was a litle more poke out of the engine and was thinking of a rejet but if thats not advisable then are there any other carbs that can be fitted

possibly a old sunny 1.3 carb?

I would say Webbers but i can seem to get hold of any, i have the cash but noone is selling them and even if i had some i would need to make a manifold. Just thinking about my options.

So i will go and put a ad in the wanted section for a start i think

cheers

steve

I had a sunny carb on my super, it didnt make much difference really...

The 34ICH weber is common on these engines...i did have a thread about it as i had a supplier for £150 + fitting plate brand new...

SU carbs are also used

Many different options

well what i wanted was a litle more poke out of the engine and was thinking of a rejet but if thats not advisable then are there any other carbs that can be fitted

possibly a old sunny 1.3 carb?

I would say Webbers but i can seem to get hold of any, i have the cash but noone is selling them and even if i had some i would need to make a manifold. Just thinking about my options.

So i will go and put a ad in the wanted section for a start i think

cheers

steve

I feel your frustration......if ever there was a call to make a proper carburettor for the K10 now would be a good time. I must've spent shed loads on phone calls and I've got nothing to show for it. Weber don't make the replacement Carb body any more (1529098800), I have 3 Hitachi carbs sitting doing nothing, no one knows or can be bothered to give me the info I want to get these bloody things fixed.

I need names and tel numbers of places that CAN do it, not I think I may know someone. I can't believe how difficult it is to get a replacement Carb.....it's depressing :down:

if the carb breaks its a new carb people go for and its not that there isnt a demand for uprated carbs and manifolds or even standard replacements even if they are (dare i mention) PATTERN!!!

Cheers

steve

I feel your frustration......if ever there was a call to make a proper carburettor for the K10 now would be a good time. I must've spent shed loads on phone calls and I've got nothing to show for it. Weber don't make the replacement Carb body any more (1529098800), I have 3 Hitachi carbs sitting doing nothing, no one knows or can be bothered to give me the info I want to get these bloody things fixed.

I need names and tel numbers of places that CAN do it, not I think I may know someone. I can't believe how difficult it is to get a replacement Carb.....it's depressing :down:

Replacement carb?

Or do you want one of the standard ones re-built as there are quite a few places that can do this...

I will try my best to find the website i had which supplied a 34ICH and plate to fit the k10 for £154 delievered iirc!

.......that'd be great curtis! (Y)

I'd like to get the Hitachi carbs done as it'd be a waste to chuck em' but if a 34ICH is there at the right price...:)

i remember speedle (i think) posting up all the jet and emulsion tube sizes, everything to setup a 34ich from any engine to run on an ma12.

Back