Hitachi DCZ 306-31 Carb question

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Hitachi DCZ 306-81 Carb

Can anyone explain to me what this bracket is for?
My mechanic wants to know....

P1010064.jpg

..and is it easy to set up a manual choke on these carbs..would i need any bits to make it work?

cheers :)

Nitrous.....blaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr.....bang...tinkle.....whoops :laugh:

lol! yeah it does need a bit of clean up....it's ok though as it's the spare :)

...has anyone sent away their Carb for cleaning, if so how much?

I found out the answer to this Puzzle today whilst perusing the GSX 1.2 Engine bay. There on the side of the Carburettor, at the back is a Vacuum break diaphragm attached to the Bracket so it seems that only certain Carbs have that Diaphragm on, namely, i think, the 1.2 models.

So there you have it, another mistery solved :)

theres a coincidence...Ive just been tinkering in th egarage with a spare DCZ....also on this bracket is the anchor point for the throttle return spring that is shown in your picture...the anchor point is higher ip but is on the same peice of metalwork as discussed

Carb

I believe thats the bracket for the Vacuum thingy from the auto version of the carb, mine has the same bracket only difference is it has a black round thing bolted to it.

I believe thats the bracket for the Vacuum thingy from the auto version of the carb, mine has the same bracket only difference is it has a black round thing bolted to it.
It's called the Dashpot

Manual Choke Bracket and pinch screw

its for the dashpot which is fitted to the automatic K10's :) as hissy has said above

Cheers Speedle, Hissy (Y)

My next question about this Carb :)

Can anyone post up a photo of the manual choke set-up?

I need to see the Bracket and Pinch screw that holds the Choke cable in place, they do some pics of the Carb' in the Haynes Manual but it's not clear enough.

cheers peeps :)

Pulled apart the spare Carb to clean it up a bit after slyboogies suggestion :) and this is what it ended up like.....it's not bad, i would use a Dremel but by cripes they're noisy beggers!

P1010085-1.jpg

P1010078-1.jpg

P1010086-1.jpg

Took a few photos before i stripped the carb too, i was quite surprised by the Gaskets being in such good shape for the year. Look at all the pitting on the last pic tch!...:glance:

Thanks to Solarice, i now have a photo of the Manual Choke Clip set-up :)

P1010008.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

Solarice supplied me with a Carb so that my Red car can live again! (Y)

Back