Micra K10 Questions

Hi All,

Im building a Micra K10 autograss car. i need to squeeze as much power out of the MA12S engine as poss.

Now the engine will be stripped down but i just have a few questions

What is the best carb to use with the engine

Where can i get a better inlet manifold and exhaust manifold from?

What is the best exhaust to use with this engine?

Also what cam do people use for these engines?

Thanks

Ryan

All manifolds have to be custom made, not sure on the rules of autograss, but cbr600 bike carbs give it a good kick!!

i think a guy called bill mods micra bits for autograss. he uses su carbs from the old a series engine.

might be worth asking frank from here as well cose he is like the ultimate guru micra hot rodder

bob sp would be the one to ask ryan, but i had a 100" thou skim on my ma12 and lightened f/w (tho some say 100" thou is too much fwn) and the later cat manifold looks a much better design, and autosprint would regrind your cam np :)

i have for sale a very good full su long all setup with manifold+restrictor all complete ready to run for £500,,,,

bob sp would be the one to ask ryan, but i had a 100" thou skim on my ma12 and lightened f/w (tho some say 100" thou is too much fwn) and the later cat manifold looks a much better design, and autosprint would regrind your cam np :)

experience counts for the world frank ######## to the people who say some things are too much gotta try it first mush (Y)

I build more MA12 engines than pretty well anybody - including for bobsp16. Maybe the Ryan asking the question is Ryan Jones who sent me an e-mail?

100 thou is too much to take off an MA12 head - fact

Autograss engines may not use modified cams. All fuel/air has to pass through a 32mm restrictor

Bike carbs are poor when used singularly in such an application. An SU is better

The £500 manifold/carb set up that Bob has for sale is reasonably priced. I doubt he'll post photographs. Competitors are allowed to cover up and hide their manifolds - so long as the restrictor plate is accessible you can do what you like. Carb/manifolds have changed hands for £1500. Bob has sold them for £1000 in the past. There are dozens hours of dyno time in developing them.

There is a build thread from years ago of a guy who got about 100 out of his MA12 using twin webbers. That thing was quick!

There is a build thread from years ago of a guy who got about 100 out of his MA12 using twin webbers. That thing was quick!
DCOE's are boss. Twin webers have been proved almost indistinguishable from fuel injection performance wise, proved time and time again in the classic racing world

DCOE's are boss. Twin webers have been proved almost indistinguishable from fuel injection performance wise, proved time and time again in the classic racing world
Twin webers are amazing and sound awesome. Dcoe's are awesome as well. There has always been huge amount of arguments about which carbs are better though. Never got twin webers for my car for £200 but then I reversed it into a poll and couldnt afford it. I was gutted. Makes those ma12s fecking fast!

Twin webers are amazing and sound awesome. Dcoe's are awesome as well. There has always been huge amount of arguments about which carbs are better though. Never got twin webers for my car for £200 but then I reversed it into a poll and couldnt afford it. I was gutted. Makes those ma12s fecking fast!
DCOE's are webbers, your car would need DCVE's though (O=horizontal/sidedraught, V=vertical,downdraught)

Back