K&N Nissan Note 1.6 filter for micra 160SR

Heya people, are there any benefits if I buy the K&N filter for the nissan note 1.6 and replace the factory filter in my micra 160SR. Is it worth it to do this??

Generally K&n's are better than factory fitted filters, they also benefit from a manufacture designed air intake system which keeps air intake temperature low.

Personally i would do it as they you can just clean them rather than bin and replace after a year.

Mike

My 160Sr is now fitted with the Note 1.6 replacement filter. It's hard to say , but the engine sounds a little more grrrrrr. But performance wise I haven't noticed any difference, but agian, it's hard to say once yóu've installed the filter.

You'd be crazy if you thought you could tell the difference from just a filter. It might give you an extra couple of horses if you're lucky. If you're unlucky it might lose them. However, it might sound better and if you get further mods it will compliment them (hopefully).

If you are only going for the filter and not much else I would say no. If you want to take things further than just filter/exhaust then it could be, yes.

Overall, I'd say no though.

I have fiited the Note K&N panel and adapted a cold feed pipe from the fog light straight into the sie of the air box and the gains are noticable! Check out my previous threads and pictures covering this!!

I have just bought my wife a Nissan Note 1.6 SVE today (2006, Silver FSH 11,500 miles for £7495) and pick it up on Friday and may do the same conversion on the engine to when the warranty runs out as I am convinced it revs cleaner and quicker??!!

Back