K&N Panel filter and 1.6 airbox

Hi all new here so play nice :)

I am looking at adding a new K&N panel filter to my standard airbox as i hear this will be the best option performance wise. Now my model is the 94' 1.0L engine. If i got an air box from a primera 1.6 would this fit OK without much modding? I hear it will for 1.3 but not sure about the 1.0L models.

Also i suppose I'll need to get a different type of filter for the new airbox hmmm

Cheers

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
1.6 airbox will provide more air with a decent feed. it fits to the 1.3 tb no problem from what i've been told and the 1.3 and 1.0 tb's are the same iirc, so should fit.

and yes you'll need a panel filter for the engine you take the airbox off.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
i heard it fits fine to both 1.0 and 1.3s, tried it in my 1.0 facelift micra and the airbox didnt fit and ended up in the bin. but should be fine on your model :/

OP
OP
N
Cheers guys, well i think i should be able to experiment with the 1.6 box as i have my mate's to play with ;)

I was thinking of just putting the panel filter in the original micra airbox, but if the 1.6 box will give better output with a new K&N panel filter, I think i might go with that instead.

Also have people messed about with the standard intake pipe? I have read that you can cut the resonator bit off? Would i have to take out the primeras intake pipes too or use the same micra one?

Cheers

p.s. Located in the Midlands, UK

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
if you take the resonator off you'll lose some power from what i've read. best bet is a better custom feed to the airbox.

the face lift throttle bodies are different iirc but i'm not sure if its post 2000 models or post 98

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Post 2000 when they went coil pack IIRC, I think that the primera airbox fouls on a strut brace if you have one

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
the post 2000 throttle bodies are different, however it fits onto that fine, theres a little black round 'thing', just left of the feul filter, the airbox doesnt fit becuase that is in the way (on mine neway). and no i dont have a strut brace :( lol

FH-5

Site Supporter
Hi all. I am selling my 1.6 primera/almera air box with all parts and for £10 more you can have the modified carbon cannister bracket so the bigger airbox will fit on the micra.

Total price including bracket and green air filter - £50

fh-5

joshbl

Site Supporter
I've fitted the 1.6 airbox with K&N. Best mod I've done. Gives it a meaty growl, better throttle response and simply more grunt. I'd recommend it to anyone (Y)

Hi Guys,

i also fitted a GA16 Airbox. But i noticed that the airbox got a mesh, the ga13 airbox got no mesh cause its located at the throttle body.

At the moment i drive with both meshes. Should i replace one and if so, which one?? TB or Airbox?
regards from germany
monchi

Vectra B 2.0i16v induction pipe [needs a stretch tho] and viper on-took mine off as mpg wasnt cheap may needed a remap and that aint cheap either
cheaper to take filter out and gaffa tape a fine free flow nylon fabric over the OEM induction mouth
works for me and she flies