Just some new pix

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
I just took a few new pix today, thought id share them with yiz!

Under car neon switch (green, left of wheel)
fog light switch/boot neon (right of wheel)
New Tachometer
691508_117_full.jpg

Nice Subtle shift light
691508_119_full.jpg

I done the airbox for a laugh beacause i had paint left over from the calipers!
Anyway, this is my Ma12 :D
691508_120_full.jpg

5 speed gearbox and em... "custom" wiring :D
691508_124_full.jpg

The interior, i know its not clean but use your imagination!
691508_121_full.jpg

This one just beacause i like the "Suicide bonnet" as i like to call it :D
691508_122_full.jpg

As it stands....
691508_118_full.jpg

and i figured while i was there id take a pic of my seat massager!

691508_123_full.jpg

Looking good! But isn't having the amp on the parcel shelf just begging to be stolen?

Oh, and what did you get the steering wheel off? I like it! :glance:

Thanks James
People know not to rob from me! :p
I pretty much know everyone anyway so its all good!
The wheel came from a primera r an almera or something! Im not sure because someone else got it for me! Then i was bringing a friend somewhere and she said "Oh my daddy has the same steering wheel" and she said it was from an almera or a primera, she doesnt know.

Looks very nice Kev. I'd give the car a full respray in black (Like the front bumper and grill), and get a set of March Jap spec rear lights. :)

-Elliot

I could get the March lights no problem but im not mad about them!
I cant really afford a respray, its too much money for what it is, im happy with the colour at the moment!
Maybe in the future i'll go for a metallic blue like what was on the bonnet when i got it!

James said:
Looking good! But isn't having the amp on the parcel shelf just begging to be stolen?

Oh, and what did you get the steering wheel off? I like it! :glance:

my thoughts exactly, you might as well wire a flashing 5ft by 5ft sign outside your drive to let people know you have an amp and 6x9's on the parcel shelf! It doesnt matter who u know and who u dont, all it takes is one smackhead looking for his next fix or another arsehole and there gone and come on, it wouldnt take much

From the sounds of things you all live in really bad estates!
I like to show my work, thats why i have a site about it and created this topic to show it off.

Nice work mate. Its looking quite kool, but would look nice all in the same colour but apart from that it looks sweet. :) ST interior looks kool. :D

Nice looking motor! Like the colour of the paintjob, something a bit different :) Not sure on the airbox though! :p

Haha, thanks, i was bored and had paint left over from doing the calipers and drums! I might get a K+N bolt on and do the engine up a bit with braided hoses and blue paint and polish!
Something for the summer though!

Thanx,
i got rid of the one on the windscreen because you all were sayin to get rid of it, the one at the dials is stayin :p
Just a reminder of how i used to be :D

Im glad the majority of you seem to like it, it means a lot to me because i built the car myself (except the engine, ive neither the time, expertese r tools)!

its not bad overall. max power sticker is pointless and very barry/chav. and as for that crap about people knowing not to steal from you - that made me laugh. you like to show your work? or didn't know where else to put it? airpan looks poo too in my opinion..

like the exterior a lot though. tyres needing pumping up too :p

His tyres are at the rite pressure i can tell by looking. And the air pan is nice cause its different, besides its not like its on full view to the world.
I must say Great job on the car Kev its in perfect condition, i aven't seen one as clean as that.

Jim - i made my point about the sticker, therefore its not pointless
Like ive said 2 times previous, the airpan was for the craic, i had spare paint and wanted to see what it looked like, it still makes me smile every time i open the bonnet or see it through the air scoop so if it makes me happy whats wrong with it?
i could have put the amp on the rear of the seats, side of the sub box, tob of the sub box, in the sub box, under the drivers seat, on the rear doorcard, on the underneath of the shelf... i just want it to be seen so i put it somewhere it will be seen.
The tyres are at the correct pressure, in the pic the driver side front looks a little down but thats because of the shaddow.
Just be happy that you dont have to drive it or see it every day if thats the way u feel about it! Personally i like driving something as unique as a super turbo replica, thers only one other in ireland that's original on the outside.

TJW - Thanks!

sorry to say but i think the car is rather poor, the kit isnt even painted and looks quite tacky, along with the other bits you've put on (gear stick pedals etc)

your car could look a whole lot better quite easily.

(just my opinion, not an insult)

Attachments

• DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 222
kev_mono72 said:
Like ive said 2 times previous

I don't know why you are bothering to "defend" your car Kev. you posted pictures to get people's opinions and they have been given. technically end of!

Fair enough, point taken.

Id just like to show you my "inspiration", between THIS and the super turbo....
Oh, just except the fluffy dash and baby face, i was talking to the owner and he said it was "Just to be different", thats a good enough reason for me!

Thanks
Im going to keep the 2 colours for the moment, like the old fiesta XR2's, also the grey is easy to keep clean! I dont think the kit would stand out as much if it was the same colour as the car but im sure ill respray it when i have the money...

the two colours makes it look like you cant be bothered to paint the kit cause it's off another car - same as elliots.

my advice to make it look better would be

- spray the kit the same colour as the car (inc mirrors, door handles etc)
-get some multi spoke 15" alloys on 195/45/15 tyres
-lower it (if it aint already lowered)
-get clear indicators for the wings. (7.99 from motorworld)
- get black dash, carpet, gear surround, white dial, etc from a 1.0 super. (i've seen a few in scrapyards)

your car would look a million times better and is not really much effort at all.

p.s dont you prefer the rev counter on the right side? thats where i had mine!

i like it, you need to lose the 5 spokes get your self some jap style rims like Umars or some deep dish euro style rims. Theis plus a little less air under the arches i recon your sorted. :D

RE: RE: Just some new pix

Mark said:
the two colours makes it look like you cant be bothered to paint the kit cause it's off another car - same as elliots.

I can be bothered to spray my kit if I wanted too, it's just I think it looks great as it is now. The pictures of my car don't do it any justice-at-all... and I'm sorry if I'm sounding big headed but it's true. You can't judge a car just by some pictures. :)

I think Kev's car looks great.

-Elliot

i like the car. especially the kit as you say its reminds me of the old xr2 style old skool look.it looks anything BUT tacky. some parts of the interior arnt to my taste but its your car. i agree with everyone when they say you need new wheels. however multi spokes arnt the way to go in my opinion. i wud try some tsw evo 1's (pretty rare but wud look awsome and keeping in the oldskool flava) or if you want to get some expensive wheels schmidt th lines or smhmidt modern lines. those in 13 by 8.5 would look awsome. although i have a soft spot for the tsw stealths mite be wrong but thats wat yours look like. i would have got some bigger ones though.

- spray the kit the same colour as the car (inc mirrors, door handles etc)
I dont know if it will stand out as much then, but like i said, maybe a full blue respray :D

-get some multi spoke 15" alloys on 195/45/15 tyres
I want deep dish 5 spoke, wide-ish 14's (185/35/14)'s would be nice, anyone got any links??
-lower it (if it aint already lowered)
Hopefully this month, maybe next, springs and strut brace...

-get clear indicators for the wings. (7.99 from motorworld)
I just tinted them black, along with the front indicators and i lightly done the rear lenses, they look better than i expected because i expected it to look fairly sh*te, again to match my 2 colour theme

- get black dash, carpet, gear surround, white dial, etc from a 1.0 super. (i've seen a few in scrapyards)
There are NONE over here, ive never even seen one, not on the roads, not in scrapyards! I might spray the carpet, ive seen it done before with great results, i want a gear surround and blue gaitor. Blue dial lights, spray my dash... lots to do, no time to do it!

Thanks for your suggestions, i enjoyed reading them!

kev

i put a post up not long ago saying i found a 1.0 super in a scrapyard and would be will to sell parts off it - also there are people selling super parts.

just bought a super for spares

ebay link

185/35???? dont think so mate

why do you want the kit to stand out so much? it aint that sutle to begin with and it being a different colour makes it stand out looking crap

car looks tidy enough to me, nice looking micra.

think some people on here are too critical, they should understand that not every one has the same taste, whats not nice to some people may look nice to another.

He had no sending units for the guages so i figured it would be better if i saved the money from buying them and buy new ones with sending units included...

691508_129_full.jpg

691508_130_full.jpg

FRESH FROM JAPAN!

Anyone know how to wire one of these up as the instructions are all in japanese!
Also, if anyone knows what exactly it DOES as once again, JAPANESE, let me know as im interested! haha
Thanks!

691508_131_full.jpg

691508_132_full.jpg

It keeps the engine on to allow a turbo to cool down slowly, therefore prolonging its life as i understand it

Yeah but on the box it has other things, like speed, lap counter, batt, tings like that, im just wondering if it could work like a G-Tech device and tell me 0-60 times and that....

Back