Just need to rant and rave!!

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Sorry to do this guys but just need to write down all my feelings an release a bit of tension!!

Just sat down with my Logistics and Operations Director and basically been told that my job is going to be made redundant!!

I don't know where I stand with my company, I may be moved into a different department...or I may be out the door.

I am in total shock....I have put in so much time and effort into my job to try and make my company have a sustainable future!!

I dunno even what to write, i just know I can count on you guys for some support and hopefully so you can try and cheer me up!!

It just feels like they've just gone, "thanks for all your time n effort....but go away!!!"

I seriously feel like bursting into tears!! I know it's only a job, but i enjoy it!! I love all the people I work with!!

A seriously ####ed of Ollie!!!

Oh no, thats sad to see!! tell them that all theyr money on swiss bank accounts gets confiscated, if they kick you out the company!

hope you will get a solution with your director

good luck

Cheers, I just feel really rubbish at the moment!! Over 2 years at my company, worked my way up from the bottom, Factory Floor, to Team Leader, to Technical Assistant!!

Got Almost 2 years CAD experience
1 and a Half years of Graphic Design experience
Supervisary experience, was running a night shift on my own on occassions!!

I've designed (from scratch) all of our product artwork and labelling, I have created instruction manuals, new buildings, supported customer services, created loads of 3d models and technical drawings of different components....All to be told.....erm....Good Bye!! That's the thing that really does annoy, it's come out of the Blue...

My mates been told the same, we're just in the office on our own just really confused and bewildered!!

Oh my god thats terrible! How can people have the guts to do something like that to (from what i gather) someone as committed as you! :(

If you need a chat you know my number and where I am (at weekends at least).

James.

maybe he saw the photos on here and got scared :p

Seriously though dude, hope this sorts itself out because you deserve better than to be just disposed of.... talk to the right people and maybe you can remind them of your usefulness...

Good luck.

James said:
Oh my god thats terrible! How can people have the guts to do something like that to (from what i gather) someone as committed as you! :(

If you need a chat you know my number and where I am (at weekends at least).

James.

Cheers mate......this could not have come at a worse time, I'm supposed to be moving to a nicer flat in a months time!! How can i do this now with no "dollar dollar bill y'all"

I just do not know where I stand!!! Been told I may be out of a job.....but we'll let you know in a weeks time. I'd rather be told now....Am I safe? Or am I out the Door?

dont worry too much, at the end of the day they may move you into another department and the worries for all these time will just be a waste.

they havent fired you yet probably bcoz they have a lot to think about you as a person and as an employee.

if you did work as hard as you say, this is the time your work will reward you to stay with the company. just fingers crossed they saw what you did!

Aww sorry to hear this Ollie. The fact that they said u may be moved to another dept is good, it prob means they have a limited number of positions to fill, in this dept, and need to choose the best candidates for the job. From what you've said, u sound like u stand a good chance.
Good luck tho. Let us know what happens.

but could he? If the company doesnt need his job to be there any more they arent obliged to keep him on. Same if they arent any other places on toher departments. It sucks, but, that's life tbh.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
go for un fair dismissal

Dont think he can do that because he's not being fired...

But if the worst comes to the worst you should get some kind of redundancy package ollie.... for now its probably best that you dont worry too much, just keep focused on doing a good job and hopefully it'll all just blow over.

Thanks for all the support guys, It is nice knowing there's people (most I haven't met) that care. I've been really down since finding out, especially after everything I've done for that company!!!!

No chance of unfair dismassal, as they are making my job redundant....If they were getting someone in to replace me....then I could....but I've got nothing to go on!!!

Think my best attempt is to have an accident at work and get a nice healthy pay out, out of them!! lol. BTW thats a joke!!!

When I told everyone I work with, they could not believe it!!!

O' well, going down pub tomorrow at lunch, and don't plan on returning!!!

Thanks for being there guys/gals.

It is so nice knowing that you'll there 4 me!!!

harsh mate, at least take something with you when you go like stationary or something like that... OH take that fit receptionist :D:D:D

my old work kicked my out and i didn't even get redundent pay cos i was on an a MA but now i'm in a better job with more money so i'm happy ;)

hope it all works out for you mate, i know some sort of portsmouth meet would make you feel sooo much better :p

good luck :)

NeX said:
harsh mate, at least take something with you when you go like stationary or something like that... OH take that fit receptionist :D:D:D

I'd love to mate, she passed her driving test today, she phoned me up about 10 minutes after I'd been told I might be out the door. I felt really bad coz my congratulations sounded so rubbish. I told her why I was down, she said she'd miss me if i went.

Think some comfort sex could go down quite nicely. LMAO

ollie240585 said:
I'd love to mate, she passed her driving test today, she phoned me up about 10 minutes after I'd been told I might be out the door. I felt really bad coz my congratulations sounded so rubbish. I told her why I was down, she said she'd miss me if i went.

Think some comfort sex could go down quite nicely. LMAO

LMAO yea look like a sad puppy works a treat ;)

i took all the photo copier paper when i left work... and the pc mouse, and the stapler and some pens.... and the bloody pot plant at the end of my desk which i looked after! oh and some CD+Rs and some usb cables.... basically cleared them out MUHAHAHAHA

I'm not gonna steal some copier paper, mice, staplers and pens!!!!

I've never stolen anything in my life!!! I'm a model citizen!!!

ollie240585 said:
I'm not gonna steal some copier paper, mice, staplers and pens!!!!

I've never stolen anything in my life!!! I'm a model citizen!!!

model citizen! lol of Brightion maybe :p

come on, you have to screw them over if they screw you over? use ebay to recoop your losses ;) anyway they expect you to leave with a few odds and ends :D

but seriously mate, if you enjoyed your job then you would have worked well, if you worked well then they won't let you go. i spend most of my time at work making sure there are things that i can do that nobody else can do... just as a backup ;)

i'm sure it will all work out fine :)

Bummer mate. Dominos pizza are looking for drivers in the Horsham area though if you fancy it?

Arnold said:
Bummer mate. Dominos pizza are looking for drivers in the Horsham area though if you fancy it?

LMAO, think I'll give it a miss. Can't do delivery driving incase there's any un-made roads.....or curbs! LMAO!!

Redundancy is always a PITA matey but wouldn;t get to worried about it just yet...

Try look on the bright side, you have a good few weeks where your being paid to look for new employment and potentially a nice big bonus (ok redundancy payout) as well so you may not necessarily be out of pocket...

I know it's not ideal if you love where your working but can be a blessing in diguise, ok I'm the eternal optimist :D

Oh no it gets worse. lol

Just had a letter from HM Revenue and Customs

My company has not paid ANY national insurance since I've worked there.

For April 2004-2005 I owe them £314.60!!

I shall be having words on Monday!!!

Mate your day gets worse and worse. That's totally the company's fault (although you should check your payslips!) Bummer mate

Arnold said:
Mate your day gets worse and worse. That's totally the company's fault (although you should check your payslips!) Bummer mate

Double checked pay slips. NI has been deducted!!

NI number is correct.

I am seriously going to have words on Monday!!!

I have been seriously screwed by my company!!!

They must have had you on the wrong tax code or something then, i dunno mate. They sound like a bunch of jokers anyway.

ur worth more than the company ull find something betr and with more pay but if u enjoyed the job its hard to replace always have a job u love doing. we'll all make sure u forget tomorrow no trouble there! if all else fails james bowling will cheer u up! lol

lol he beat me at the last one thank god Im not going I cant bowl for toffe..least I won a bowling pin for being the worst tho :D

Gemma85 said:
lol he beat me at the last one thank god Im not going I cant bowl for toffe..least I won a bowling pin for being the worst tho :D
I also got drunk and danced at the last one... Something I won't be doing tomorrow unfortunately what with driving and all lol

might as well go by bus for all the micras you're providing for the meet :p then we could watch you dance :p

Ollie mate, you are lucky... i really want my work to give me a redundancy pay. it would force me to get off my ass and find a better job lol, my mate got made redudant and he found a better job the next day and had loads of cash from the pay off :D

Start looking for a replacement job now, before you're made redundant, it's easier to get a job whilst you're working, than it is whilst you're not

James said:
I also got drunk and danced at the last one... Something I won't be doing tomorrow unfortunately what with driving and all lol

we both got drunk and danced from what I recall I love your dancing :)

Well after all ups and downs with work, I have myself an interview tomorrow :)

Technical Support Engineer for a rather large Swiss company! Woohoo. Wish me luck.

Good luck mate! Hope it all goes well for you!!

And yeah quite a few people comment on my dancing now Gemma! There's even a girl in a bar we go to at weekends sometimes that calls me her dancing partner! Haha

Good luck mate! Hope it all goes well for you!!

And yeah quite a few people comment on my dancing now Gemma! There's even a girl in a bar we go to at weekends sometimes that calls me her dancing partner! Haha

It's taken you over 2 months to reply to Gemma, lol!!!

I hope all goes well too!!! I hate my current job. lol

edit: Forgot to say thanks Jimbo :)

Woohoo....All went well and was offered the job there and then!!!!

I'm now a Trainee Technical Support Engineer

:) I'm so happy :)

Back