Just bought wrecked Super S

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Just put deposit on site member Wassims smashed super s.
All the good bits will go on my little red machine.
All leftovers seem to be a perfect match for my parts car so I will end up with another car.
The car although being quite rough has all the parts I was after and seeing my paintjob is just about to happen couldnt have come at a better time.
Parts to go straight on mine will be tacho cluster, rear spoiler, rear discs(not damaged), split rear seat, front seats(not great), door cards and pop out rear windows.
Considering using the sunroof(yes I know what this entails, my best mate is a craftsman panelbeater),
Any advice on the r/disc conversion would be greatly appreciated(not using the ABS).
Thank you Wassim if you read this, thanks for being a nice bloke, being so helpfull, and for coming down to a fair price.
ps Is it possible to buy original seat covering from nissan for drivers seat

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I'd like to see the process of fitting the sunroof to a non-Super-S, especially if it's an SLX. As for the rear seats, the hinge places will be there if you've got an SLX but if you've got an LX (I guess you do since you're wanting to use the door skins) - you may have your work cut out for you to fit the Split-fold rear seats as a replacement for the LX bench seat. The mechanism to hold down the bench in the LX is vastly different to that of the SLX/Super-S.

The rear-end conversion is easy as and is largely a unbolt and bolt-up job. If you've got a haynes manual that'll help you out with the brakes if you're unfamiliar with them.

Good luck,

---dens

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
If I fit the sunroof it means cuttin and shutin the roof panel. This would be done by my mate(p/beater 20+yrs exp)and im only considering it, not committed because its such a big job. He does owe me favours but not that many.
As for the r/seats, I didnt think they would be a problem, do they have bodyshell differences between a LX & SupS

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Im pretty sure its perfect, which would mean I have 3 good bonnets,is your car the original red, have good red one which would mean you would only need to paint outside. Will use worst one for mine as im gonna have a little handmade scoop added and new colour painted in & out, problem is im in the hunter valley. $80 for whichever, u could get the one from sydney off me if you can meet up with on friday when im planning on picking up the super s around luchtime. Pretty sure it was good

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Hmmm.. It is Aj4 red still, but was going to do a badboy bonnet in black. Dont have a badboy bonnet sitting around do you?

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
fitted tacho dash this morning and guess what, everything on it works and wreck also had a good heater fan card. I hope everybody's having as good a day as me. couldn't help myself had to take a photo to show everyone (note r/h blinker switch)

Attachments

• 57872.jpg
    57872.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 36

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I can now answer my own question about body shell differences between lx & super s, went to fit popout windows today, but the f*#@%$n lx doesnt have the bolt holes like the super s. DAMN!!!.
DeNs I think your right about the rear seats, I havent got there yet but I'd say its gonna be the same story. This is gonna be a major job to fit all this stuff but Im not gonna let it beat me, where theres a will theres a way. I will finish stripping the super s and then nut it out from there. If anybody has done this b4, I would love 2 hear from u.

Back