Cone or Mushroom

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
Hi lads what do you think is better air filter. Cone or Mushroom head, Iv read some of the old posts and still not convicted on witch one to get. I had a panel filter witch I think did not do much, a bit of sound but that’s it. I am going to put a bonnet scoop and smooth off the bonnet grill. Just to keep in mind. Any help would be nice thanks.

CMF_Chookman

» CMF Member
Years ago way back when six bangers and V8's were common place bolt on performce sometimes took the form of Ram Podss, Ram Tubes or trumpets.
All the same thing just different names.
There was an exact science behind their design in order to deliver a specific style of air flow. The shape, length and diameter of the tubes were tailored to deliver performance increase for bottom end torque, top end revs etc etc.
The mushroom style filter you mentioned has adopted this old school technology in a round about way to enhance the efficiency and performance of the breather.
The Cone style I'm not too sure about.

Have a look at this link. May help

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performance/rampod.htm

Attachments

• 20154.jpg
    20154.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I thought this was going do be some drug related question :O

Anyway, heres a popular thread that was on here a while back. The APEXi wins hands down. If you care about your engine, you'll stay away from sponge filters, as theyre generally crap. If you are going for a bonnet scoop, bare in mind you'll be catching every single thing the road flicks up. Dust, mud, dirt, bugs, water.

https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/17058

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
Thanks lads for the info and Toma thanks for the heads up on the bonnet scoop. I didn’t think of it that way all I thought of was the extra cold air. And the link was grate help. Thanks again

Yer I wanted to get people attention with the title.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I feel it does not matter what shape as long as it is a recognised brand and yes stay away from sponge filters. They are only good for washing youself in the shower.
Cones?Mushrooms? some drug related thing?I only know about bongs and roll your own weed.

Back