Just an idea..

i have a mitsubishi mirage 2013 model here and im thinking of switching the brake drums and disk brakes..is it possible?

i have a mitsubishi mirage 2013 model here and im thinking of switching the brake drums and disk brakes..is it possible?
Wrong forum lol. But i will reply to you. What do you mean 'switching'?? If you want to upgrade you braking system. Just swap your rear brake drum and put a brake disc or there are more simple,just put a bigger front brake disc so no need to modified the rear brake.

Oh sorry i forgot to say that i have a k12! Hehe.. Anyways..im planning to swap breaks from mirage to my k12 since the breaks of the mirage is a lot better than my micra..is it possible or not?

Anything is 'possible' but not necessarily really practical.........
If you are not happy with the K12's braking performance first thing to do is make sure that the equipment fitted is working to the designed spec.
When I got my K12, a couple of months ago, I felt that the brakes could be better, so invested £40 in a new set of Mintex front discs and pads and as the car had a noisy rear wheel bearing I had to remove the rear drums to replace the bearings (just over £30 for both sides) and this gave me the opportunity to check the condition of the drums and shoes which all checked out ok, but definitely benefited from cleaning the brake dust out of the drums.
Result was much improved brakes, though while not in the same class as the ones on my Saab Turbo, still very good indeed.:cool:

Back