just an idea !

hello everyone

I have just small stupid idea I'm not sure whether it would work or not

If I get a car air compressor same this pic

61RV4PK5efL._SL1040_.jpg

and use it instead of turbo (connect it with the air input in the K11 ) and making the exhaust bigger

would that give some performance

if yes approximately how many extra horse power can i get

thank you

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
You wouldn't get enough flow rate. I doubt this would even give enpugh flow to maintain any boost on a 50cc moped...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
You could I suppose, and store the air at a higher pressure than you feed into the engine and then run a 5th injector or something to avoid running lean...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
You'd want a pressure switch to turn off the compressor when your pressure vessel was up to pressure, a microswitch under accelerator pedal to switch on
*the 5th injector
*an electrically operated valve to open the pressure vessel into the engine
*an electrically operated valve to block the normal air intake (or compressed air will vent backwards out the air intake)
It's a lot of extra work and effort for boost you can only realise ever 10mins it takes to fill the pressure vessel, and I bet it's not quiet either. As a technical exercise and as a novelty I love the concept, but in practice there is little to no value in the system...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
You'd need at least a whole other alternator to take the current an electric supercharger would be required to draw to have enough power to maintain boost at any sensible level

You'd need at least a whole other alternator to take the current an electric supercharger would be required to draw to have enough power to maintain boost at any sensible level

Yep, 3 batteries and own alternator circuit just for the supercharger which kinda destroys the performance with the extra weight...so pointless.

A little jet engine like you get on RC planes might be an interesting mod though if you could extract the heat somehow...

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Yep, 3 batteries and own alternator circuit just for the supercharger which kinda destroys the performance with the extra weight...so pointless.

A little jet engine like you get on RC planes might be an interesting mod though if you could extract the heat somehow...
Turboshaft/turboprop engine. Done.

Or... just do something like the an m45 eaton supercharger from a mini cooper S or the M24 supercharger from eaton. Im sure you can find either on ebay pretty quickly.

pork

Club Member
They are really small, so perfect , saw one bolted to an old mini van yesterday on its little a series engine......sounds awesome and wiick

drand

1st Micraversary!
M45s are very popular with the mx-5 crowd, especially now ripping them out of Minis. Can get some serious torque out of them.