• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Jimbo's magnificent K11

Hi chaps and chapettes.

This is my mighty 998cc Tempest. It's a long story, I've been a Honda fan for years and built some fairly rapid cars, but I've lost the love recently mostly due to my new, and horrendously unreliable, civic.

So I got myself a mad little micra as a run around and mountain bike carrier. I love it.

The day I got it.

I've been busy!

Painted.

Door cards retrimmed.

Spotlights and bike rack on.

Confusing the neighbours....

....because it started raining as soon as I started painting the hot rod style door art. It's not finished yet.

Alto springs and corsa dampers.

I had a massive win today. I found a instrument cluster at the scrappy in a Super S (with a tacho), I got it for a fiver. I've done loads of research into putting a tacho in, and I was fully prepared for many hours of frustration and trial and error, I found so much confusing and contradictory information that I was sure it was going to be awful. I plugged it in just to check it was serviceable and everything worked perfectly, including the tacho. Great success. So now I'm spending the afternoon on the couch eating pizza instead of routing through hundreds of wires.

Question for you chaps: How do I go about telling the DVLA and insurance about the change in mileage?

Thanks guys, that's good to know. It's a big change, from 74000 to 125000! It's so good to have a tacho again, I hate driving without one.

I also found some black leather seats from a TT at the same scrappy, so the next job is to make up some custom rails. It should be a massive improvement over the standard seats, particularly as I'm used to proper buckets with harnesses.

Oh, and one more question; The alto springs on the back seem slightly too narrow for the top mount, is this normal? I think I'll have to chop off the tapered coil at the top.

Yep, the paint was rolled. The shark mouth is Halfords rattle cans and the Grease Weasel and chick is enamel modelling paint.

I've got a few more things up my sleeve, the bonnet is going to be layered and sanded back for a rat patina kind of look. There's going to be a few other stenciled things appearing too.

Oh, I'm actually bringing this to JAE, I'll be on the Type-R owners stand. You guys were right near us last year, a pretty good turn out too! I'll pop over for the banter. It will be good to meet some of you, see some proper micras and give me some motivation to make this one work properly!

Back