Jelly like

Do all k11's feel a bit wallowy and jelly like on standard shocks and springs. I'm also wondering if putting the 15s on may have accentuated the issue. Any advice is appreciated.

Damn it !!!! Will lowering springs help. I need to stiffen it up some how. Feel realy disconcerting at speed .

What's not to like, a jelly mold K11 handling characteristics like a jelly? [/QUOTE] Speeding was never in its design remit. Part and parcel of the joys and compromises of 13-year-old banger-economics runabout motoring!

Shock absorbers, anti-roll bar bushes suspension and steering components are well tardy tired and past their best at 40K miles, never mind 13 years old;~ as all K11s are by now!

Reliable, durable long-lived is what it is but it cannot defy ageing, gravity or Newton's laws of motion.

Enjoy it for what it is?

Last edited:
Don't put the poor sod off. Brilliant little motors and exactly what you described.
However, they can be beefed up and cornered up to fool us into thinking we're driving a Ferrari.

lol get in my motor and tell me that. micras aint pants
Do all k11's feel a bit wallowy and jelly like on standard shocks and springs. I'm also wondering if putting the 15s on may have accentuated the issue. Any advice is appreciated.
pretty much the same rolling radius 15s/13s so wont make a huge difference. however the stock micras wallow a tad, but grip well in the corners, so it depends what you are looking for tbh

What's not to like, a jelly mold K11 handling characteristics like a jelly?
Speeding was never in its design remit. Part and parcel of the joys and compromises of 13-year-old banger-economics runabout motoring!

Shock absorbers, anti-roll bar bushes suspension and steering components are well tardy tired and past their best at 40K miles, never mind 13 years old;~ as all K11s are by now!

Reliable, durable long-lived is what it is but it cannot defy aging, gravity or Newton's laws of motion.

Enjoy it for what it is?[/QUOTE]
dont know where you get ur info from but micras design remit was to be a nippy and agile car, they handle speed very well.

Speeding was never in its design remit. Part and parcel of the joys and compromises of 13-year-old banger-economics runabout motoring!

Reliable, durable long-lived is what it is but it cannot defy aging, gravity or Newton's laws of motion.

Enjoy it for what it is?
dont know where you get ur info from but micras design remit was to be a nippy and agile car, they handle speed very well.[/QUOTE]

Groupthink self hypnosis is too real

Sports car performance was not the design touch

13-year-old banger self hypnosis is too much

You burn me with your self hypnotic fire

Enjoy

Last edited:
I've driven real wallowing cars before like a Renault 5 and skoda estelle, and even they can be made to handle. So was hoping that nissan had made a better job than Renault and skoda. Had an almera before and that seemed more balanced. I'll start seeing how many £ I need to spend. It might be easier to get sea sick tablets lol.

I've driven real wallowing cars before like a Renault 5 and skoda estelle, and even they can be made to handle. So was hoping that nissan had made a better job than Renault and skoda. Had an almera before and that seemed more balanced. I'll start seeing how many £ I need to spend. It might be easier to get sea sick tablets lol.

Inspect, test and diagnose suspension springs/damper shock absorber issues you describe & look for broken springs, leaking/tardy damping shock absorbers?

In 18 years of running four ancient Micras, two of them up to 160 K miles with no significant problems, never had wallowing issues you describe. I found suspension/ handling satisfactorily matched to the vehicle as expected and a good compromise for banger- economics runabouts; ~ jelly mould K11s included.

Enjoy happy hunting fault finding!

Last edited:
Well I think there is something soft on the drivers side ..... No comments please. ..

There seems to be a huffing sounds like the expulsion of air on the osf shock when I go over a bump. I think the rear sinks more on this side too as something sounds like it's rubbing the tyre osr. Will need to have a good look in the daylight.

may be time for new springs and shocks but need to get under there and find out for sure. If they have leaked then they would have failed the MOT. Has this started recently or has it been like it for a long time? Remember to replace shocks as pairs (i.e. do both fronts not just one, same for the rear)

It was mot'd at Christmas .bought it from a dealer then. Not had it long. It seems to have happened since I've changed my wheels. It might be as in driving a bit quicker as I have better tyres now. I don't really know.

maybe its what Davyboy said - It "seems" worse with 15" on - can you swap back to 13" and see if there is a difference? Perhaps that is all it is?! Can check the shocks for leaks whilst your swapping the wheels too.

Back