"Jamm'n" off for heart surgery.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Well, i have owned my lil micra for 10 years now and ova that time i have clocked up 190,000km. during this time the only thing i have HAD to do repair wise is change the gearbox, but its time think about what i'm going to do with her.
The main factor is the timing chain.
It's the loudest chain i have heard and so i've looked into getting it repaired b4 things go BANG!!

*prices quoted drive away.

-This is what it would cost me for Nissan to change/repair the chain> $950.00

-This is what it will cost for a "low km" long MOTOR EXCHANGE from an aussie wreck> $1500.00

-This is what i would cost me for my existing motor to be full reconditioned> $4300.00

so she's going in on tuesday for the aussie long motor:-D

cisco

» CMF Member
Exciting stuff matty!!!

Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be just lovely when it returns. Just purring at you.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
yeah well i tend to think the worst in times like this but i guess you have to be positive. The guy couldn't tell me how many K's the exchange motor had done which is a shame but the main thing for me is the chain. I mentioned this to him. He told me that it would be covered with the 3 month warranty, so if i turn the motor ova and i hear that damn thing rattling away, it'll be staying there till its fixed. But i don't think that will happen because i'm being positive:)

cisco

» CMF Member
When you say the aussie long motor, do you mean the fully reconditioning yours? Or another aussie replacement motor?

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
No no...This is what i would cost me for MY existing motor to be fully reconditioned> $4300.00

The one i'm getting is off an aussie wreck and thats $1500 fitted, drive away

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Good luck Matty.I am sure you will fanging around in no time.
I am sure you will listen closely to the new one and I would also have a compression test done on it also.
See you in Canberra mate.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Your engine full reconditioned for $4300 WTF your kidding right? How the hell can they justify $4300?????? Thats what you pay for a 6cyl turbo disel not a 1.3L 4cyl petrol engine.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
its back.
with nothing done to it.
don't laugh you guys its NOT funny :p

i rang them this arvo because on monday he said it'd be ready in 2 days.
and....he goes "oh mate to be 100% honest......we haven't even touched her"...the obligatory long story, you know how it is

**well f*(k you**. i didn't say that, infact i was speachless and hung up.

rang back a few minutes later and explained that i was NOT HAPPY and re-booked for next wednesday.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Matty, no one's going to laugh at you. In fact, when you said that it was going to take 2 days, I was a bit surprised. We're all copping this sort of crap from professionals who don't seem to care that it is an inconvenience to tie your car up for 2-3 days, and not even grace you with a phone call to say that they haven't touched it. Remember my car? Six weeks to do the fuel system, not one phone call on their behalf to let me know the progress. I did all the chasing. It's not that we mind waiting, long as the job is being attended to. Why do these imbociles book cars in when they obviously have no intention of doing the job in the time frame allocated by them to you? It's because they want the work, they don't want you going somewhere else. Lucky they didn't start pulling things apart, or you would have been without your car for the weekend. Let's hope the last 2 days weren't wasted with them standing around scratching their heads wondering where to start. Wouldn't be the first time a mechanic has said..."What's a Micra?"

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah screw those ass holes matty.

Typical pathetic Australian customer service. Its a shambles everywhere you go. There are still some very few awesome guys who really deserve your work. I.e. Laurie in Burnie (Rotech), Errol @ Datrats, Ben @ Intune in Canberra.

I wouldn't even go back to them Matty. Let them lose the job.

As micragirl said, they only stuff you around because they want the job. So screw them and take the work somewhere else until you find someone nice who does courtesy calls and is on time.

I can't stand spastic businesses like that.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Sad to hear Matty but hey you are no idiot mate and they are the idiots.
Typical as Cisco said, so many of them just do not give a **** and they will tell you anything.
Saw Laurie today as I will get my new Yokohamas through him and he was not happy. Race meeting this weekend and was getting a new muffler custom made for his race RX7. Said he normally would have done it himself but did not have time.Guy has been promising him it would be ready for like the last 2 weeks.Laurie thinks he has not even started on it yet.
Really the pits. Why can't people just be bloody honest and say sorry mate cannot touch it for 2 weeks or if started and there is a delay ring you and keep you informed.
Yep I could get some parts cheaper than Errol, maybe save a few dollars on my new tyres somewhere else but I know I get no bull**** and I get honest answers plus the job gets done properly by people who take pride in what they do.
Agggghhhh !!! Really feel for you mate.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
yeah well this is the story...

i said "ok well, now tell me a Realistic ETA if it stays there for the rest of the week"

he goes "i've talked to the mechanic and he said..."if i get this car (the one thats been the hold up) done tomorrow morning then i might have it finished tomorrow arvo"

straight away i knew that was crap.

cont.."but if not, friday arvo"

well i need the car ova the weekend, so i said ok i'll re-book for next week, hows monday morning for you?

he goes ummmm lets see.....yeah yeah we could do that.

straight away i said, "ok so if i bring it in on monday can you be sure that you will be working on my car?

he said umm?

so i said well what about wednesday?

he says yeah yeah wednesday will be good.

**** what do you have to do?

i thought if you BOOK a car in it would be getting worked on that day but NOOOOOOOOO don't be stoopid.

well said micragirl.
and thanx ppls:-D

micragirl WROTE:

Why do these imbociles
book cars in when they obviously have no intention of doing the job in
the time frame allocated by them to you? I

cisco

» CMF Member
jamm'n WROTE:

i thought if you BOOK a car in it would be getting worked on that day but NOOOOOOOOO don't be stoopid.

Hahaha - nah that's just the day that it starts to sit out in the back yard when the redback spiders lay their first webs and find all the nice places to take up residence in your car. That's what happened at the exhaust shop for my car. Almost certain they've gone broke and closed up now. Couldn't've have happened to a better business.

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Terrible News Jamm'n. I feel for ya mate. It's beyond a joke these days, seriously. What I don't get is that it's in these businesses own interest to make the customer happy! Afterall their long term future relies on repeat business. I dunno mate I guess you grin and bear it or try to find someone else to do the job. Up to you. Best of luck for attempt # 2

Back