It was too good to last!

CocoPops

Ex. Club Member
6 weeks old, 2540 miles on the clock and she broke down :(

My 160sr was taken by lowloader to the dealership yesterday.

She started fine, drove 250metres then died and I coasted to a halt by the side of the road. I called the RAC, they came out but they didn't have ANY K12's listed on their diag laptops, let alone the 1.6!

It turns over once but doesn't fire. Then once it's turned over, it locks out for 3mins or so before turning over again.

So I now have an 04 1.5 almera... jeeez it's gutless!

oops,,wot ya done to it? :D

post up wot the problem was wen u find out

didnt anyone say wot it could be

Kristian,

I would normally agree, but it was the fact it drove 250metres fine then died that causes me to think it's not the immob. If it was an immobiliser problem, then surely it would have not started when it did. I also thought that once the engine is running the immobisliser is deactivated.

CocoPops said:
Kristian,

I would normally agree, but it was the fact it drove 250metres fine then died that causes me to think it's not the immob. If it was an immobiliser problem, then surely it would have not started when it did. I also thought that once the engine is running the immobisliser is deactivated.

I thought of that to - but if it drive, then it can be. As slim said, quality Renault electrics. :rolleyes:

we all know that nissan wouldt let 2nd grade car parts in thier cars,,its bad for nissan

It could be the immobilser still.. I had a similar prob on my K11.. i was messing around with the steering colum with the car running and the car cut out whenever I moved the steering wheel a certain way...

Very bizzare i thought

I diagnosed that it was simply a loose connection on the Ignition barrel...

Renault electrics!, that might explain why my rear wiper wouldnt work the other day on my K12. All I did was fiddle about with the fuses in the car and with the relays/fuses under the bonnet and it worked. Also the other night, my interior light wouldnt come on, so I gave it a wack, and it came on.

Bloody Renault, they should be finished off!!

Sky

it also could be the key,,its the "smart key" or wotever they call it..or does this only work wen its being turned

rite! can sumone find me proof of the k12 electrics been designed and made in france,,

Yeah I'd like to know that as well. But one thing i've noticed tho, all Nissans i've owned the filler cap is on the passenger side. But on the K12 it's on the drivers side. Wheres the filler cap on the clio, yup on the drivers side. Are the K12 and the clio sharing stuff underneath the body?

yeah the chassis is the same, and is really good better than the k11 for cornering

filler cap doesnt matter,skylines have them on drivers side too

Yeah it is better than the K11 in the corners. Suprizing really, due to the fact the K12 is a bit higher. But it does hug the ground a bit more which helps in corners I suppose.

def no arguement reg to handling.

i only had the 1.0E one, but handling was truely amazing... the 160SR must be top.

But i got rid of mine coz it wasnt a good jap nissan. its def a clio through and through im affraid!!

quality shows it. that said, i still love em...but couldnt cope wit it day in day out.

JK

is it not the starter burning out, ive heard a problem from my friendly mechanic that the starters are Renault and they over run on start up and they tend to die after a very shot space of time causing similar problems.

i could be wrong

bring on a stripped out version of the 160. No electric windows or central locking crap. Faster and less to go wrong :)

Liked the comment about whacking the interior light, I can do that on my K12 and it comes on. its comical

Ian said:
bring on a stripped out version of the 160. No electric windows or central locking crap. Faster and less to go wrong :)

why? if you want it stipped out and faster,mod the engine and strip it out yourself,

when or if a stripped out version comes out it will be expensive anyway,so mite aswell spend the money on a normal one

how many new cars have no lectric windows,central locking,air bags,air con,,they need these in the car to sell them!
they dont mind if a few young lads wont buy it cos its abit heavier,

RIK said:
how many new cars have no lectric windows,central locking,air bags,air con,,they need these in the car to sell them!

Its odd you mention that as i was thinking about this earlier on. In a few years when electric windows etc are all standard in cars, what are manufacturers going to do to try and encourage the sale of there models!

Anyway, thats slightly off topic :)

yeah off topic but i have your answer

i-pod conection
sat nav
muli media dvd screens evrywer
cruise controll
esp

loads of things like this will eventually become standard in cars,its all about technology and our amazment with it :D

RIK said:
why? if you want it stipped out and faster,mod the engine and strip it out yourself,

when or if a stripped out version comes out it will be expensive anyway,so mite aswell spend the money on a normal one

Nissan Japan sell a stripped out March Race car? I wouldnt mind that and its also road legal

exactly because they know thers demand for things like that over ther

but not over here,,they bring cars out to suit the buyer in europe its mostly learners and grannys that buy the micra,,,

Skyliner R34 I don't know in answer to your question about the interior light coming on when i tap it when it is in the off mode, I'll give it a try knowing my luck it will come on!!! :k12white: :k12red:

Back