• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

It passed!

Took the 1.3L for an MOT this morning and it passed!. The waiting room felt like it was in a maternity ward with woried fathers waiting for news.

I was concerned as the fail cert that came with the car showed that emissions were right on the limit. The new Almera air box and filter, with ground plugs and injection cleaner seems to have sorted it. The new box is quiet and the car does not rattle over the bumps either.

The insurance runs out at the end of the month so I will be swapping the cars over and sorting the issues that have cropped up with the 1.0L:
Radio - no signal, Crossmember - patched for the last but one mot, Rear arches - paint starting to lift, Battery tray - no paint on it whatsoever!

I will also fit an Almera air box and filter as there is a definate increase in power when the current filter is taken out. Copper ign leads, two tyres and a good clean and it will be ready for another few years service.

I like working on cars, but not when there is some time limit in order to get to work, so a garage to store it in is a godsend. As is the lack of worry about the 1.3L breaking down when the 1.0L can be pressed into service at short notice. This is Bangernomics at its best!

Back