It could only happen to...

B

Ben

...me. HAHA, i got a Nitro RC car a coupe of weeks ago off ebay. Got it, gave it a good old service, got it up and running brilliantly and today....had it run over! Yep, i was playing in the street with it and i turned to keep an eye on my nephew, turned back around and there you go - cavalier straight over the top of it! My own fault for playing in the street but the driver just took off! My streets not exactly busy, im sure he was waiting for me to play with it then just took it out. Funniest bit was when it just kept on going, only damage was a smashed fuel tank so need to sort myself out a new tank. gutted but the damage could have been a lot worse so i see the funny side of it. Think ill upgrade the suspensions and some other bits while im at it.

check for anything bent like chassis, i drove mine into a car tyre at full speed in 2nd gear, it hit so hard it got stuck. only the front suspension was broken and a bent chassis but i bent it back so it was ok,

Just remember not to let anyone else use it as they will 9/10 times break it and not pay up

haha cheers, it took the weight really well considering, theres a bar thing that goes over tha tank, that took most of the brunt but it snapped and so the fuel tank smashed, everything else seems really fine, model shop wont have the part for a fortnight or so so will have to scout ebay

mines only a rush evo - just a starter car but getting to grips with it qwuite well, gonna clean it up run it a bit then put it on the bay then get a betetr one

the car ive got is a hpi savage 25, and a thunder tiger ts4n pro

the savage is indestrucable and the tiger is a touring car so doesnt get much use

i find buying from the states saves a huge amount of money when it comes to rc cars

I had a TS4N also, was a great wee car. Once the batteries in the recieved failed and it took off and smashed a wall full speed. Bent the radio plate, rest of the car was fine. There tough wee things.

Got a friend with a HPI Rush Evo. He has never stopped repairing it.... but then again, it's possibly the way he drives it.

My brother has the Savage SS 4.6 Big Block it's a MONSTER, the wheelies :) has the reverse gear too, and has the power to wheelie in reverse, and endo.

I personally prefer my Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 though stunning, amazing 4 wheel drive, put some road tyres on the front get some bald tyres on the back and take it to a car park... Sooooo much fun. Though managing to get it into a REAL 4wheel powerslide is awesome feeling ^_^

Ian said:
yeah, but getting bits is a nightmare lol :)

not really as there is a ton of good and cheap sites, if any one wants to buy anything from the states i can recommend this site http://www.hobbieguyrc.com/shop/

so far touch wood i havent had to pay import tax on anything

there is alot of sites in the uk which are cheap to buy from aswell

if anyone wants any links i will give them out

yeah.... there's a supercharger kit for the Savage and I know there's one for the EB4 that's available from the states.... I'll try get a link for it

Back