I could kill Nissan

So I just spent over £700 on a new timing chain and was driving along yesterday when I first see the Battery light followed by the light which I hate the most, yes you guessed it the malfunction light. I then realised that not only had both lights appeared my cars ignition completely cut off! I had my two year old daughter in the back of the car and it frightened the life out of me. I drifted to the side of the road and turned the ignition key, the car started up again and I drove it straight home. What on earth could be the problem now as both lights have disappeared and I don't want that to ever happen again.

Possible just a connection that's been knocked loose. For £700 you're best going back to nissan and explaining it to them, if the fault is due to them then they are responsible for correcting it. And that job you could have had done so much cheaper from a non-dealer garage.

Yeah I imagine they left a wire loose after refitting everything or something... be sure to give them the upset mother with child in back of car bit - should give you a little leverage, if you don't overplay it ;)

its possibly your alternator, my friends mum has a 2003 nissan primera and it would cut out randomly, turned out to be the accelerator sensor

Back