Issue: Missing :(

CMF_kancky

» CMF Member
Hey Guys,

Had my K11 for some time now, purchased it through one of the guys on here...

Have been battling a gremlin of late, the car when driving normally or spirited will miss badly, it seems like an AFM issue but not 100% sure and am looking for some guidance. It will idle fine however as soon as I give it throttle it will start to miss regardless of throttle position. It did it intermittently in the beginning but has progressively gotten worse to the point where it is more than less un-driveable. I am only leaning towards AFM as I know it's a common fault but I haven't heard of this type of thing happening on this forum, or not that I could find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

CMF_kancky

» CMF Member
Getting plenty of fuel, had the wife following me the other day and while it was missing it was throwing black smoke out the back. Will swap it over though.

Will also look for a vac leak but vac leaks would give me an issue all the time, not intermittently.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
kancky WROTE:

"Getting plenty of fuel, had the wife following me the other day and while it was missing it was throwing black smoke out the back. Will swap it over though.

overfueling could point to a coolant temp sensor fault, if you disconnect it the ecu will run continuous coldstart enrichment

CMF_kancky

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

" kancky WROTE:

"Getting plenty of fuel, had the wife following me the other day and while it was missing it was throwing black smoke out the back. Will swap it over though.

"</div>

overfueling could point to a coolant temp sensor fault, if you disconnect it the ecu will run continuous coldstart enrichment

OK, this is an interesting one.

How would the coolant temp interfere with the idle. I should also point out at this point that the car has had temp issues, we put it down to a sticky/blocked thermostat but it hasn't been an issue as we had not had any hot weather to bother it. Where is the coolant temp sensor? If this had failed wouldn't it also effect the idle?

I have access to a AFM/Throttle body, is it likely this as it's not hard for me to swap over?

CMF_kancky

» CMF Member
I actually think it's more of a fuel cut issue then a miss, maybe they are one and the same, who knows.

Pulled the TB/AFM off today and cleaned the sensor with AFM cleaner, wacked it back on and drove it about for 40min. Seemed to improve, missed once but I was ok with that. Then after I finished at the gym it did it about 3 times on the way home. Not sure if this means it is an AFM issue or what.

Any thoughts?

Back