Mass airflow sensor issue

CMF_badruz_j

» CMF Member
Hi guys I'm new to this forum and need your help. I having issues with my 2000 nissan micra 1.0s. The idling is irratic and it keep cutting out when I some to a stop, also I have to give a lot of throttle to get the engine started. The garage told me I need to replace the mass air flow sensor. However the issue i'm having if figuring out whether I need to MAF or as some said on certain engine codes you need to change the entire throttle body. I can't seem to find the engine code for my car like CG10 etc but I have the engine number. I don't want to order the wrong one so could someone help me with what I need to buy to replace the mass air flow sensor.

Thank you for you help guys. Just don't want to take it to Nissan and get robbed blind.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
and disconnect the maf . it may make the engine run better , the limp home mode will ignore the maf input .

its the black lump on the offside side of the throttle body ...

only had my car a few months and I have already got the T-shirt :)

CMF_badruz_j

» CMF Member
Yeah my car is the coil over plug type. engine code cg10de. I believe from my research that it is the bosch type. Finding it a complete nightmare to get the exact one. tried calling nissan for the part number but the only have the complete throttle body. Do you think an aftermarket MAF from ebay are ok to use?

Back