fuel pump issue maybe?

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
Hey guys
My K11 95 had an issue while i was stopped at lights it started spluttering and i couldn't even get it to move for about 40sec.....while trying desperately not to let it stall. Then it just came good again. weird. seemed to drive home ok next day.

i think it's the fuel pump. i re soldered the throttle body just in case, but i'm sure it will have a fuel cut again next time i drive it. seems to happen for a split second while just cruising also.

Are there other pumps i can get for it, an aftermarket type like walbro or bosch?
In my silvia those two are used as aftermarket and only cost a couple hundred.
i want a straight swap though no messing around. Nissan want like $800!

cheers

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
there are two size diameter pumps in the micra tank,one is a 52mm diameter,the other is 38mm....pretty sure yours is 52mm and i have them in stock...$145.00...

CMF_chris

» CMF Member
I ended up replacing my fuel pump with a GOSS GE195, from Veale Auto Parts. $130 off the shelf and fits straight in. A bit better than $6-800 and it even works !-)
Then I pulled the old one (original UNISIA JECS) apart to see why it stopped. Nothing to do with dirty fuel. See attached photo. The pump is essentially a centrifugal pump on the end of a fully sealed electric motor. The pump itself was fine. The only junk in there was from me hacksawing the body apart to get inside. The armature in the motor was not quite aligned, so there is obvious wear on the magnets. That also wore the contacts with the brushes unevenly, so eventually some of them broke down causing loss of contact and jamming in one of the brushes. I don't think the mis-alignment was due bearing wear because the bearing seals were OK and otherwise there would be petrol in the motor housing, but that was all OK.
But then again, I'm no mechanic so maybe I'm wrong?

chris

Attachments

• 50090.jpg
    50090.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 31
Back