is worth removing the pollen filter ?

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
Is it worth removing the filter from the heating to improve the airfow ?
Should I just take it out and cut out the filter paper ?

I wonder this as I do a bit of motorway driving and it bugs me to have to use the blower motor despite being on the motorway .Is this a thing with "modern" cars or is there another way to force air through the heating system when on the move .

Ta .

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
going along motorway with no fan speed, external air direction, heater temp fully cold, diverted to face vent, the vents should have a gentle breeze since the air inlet under the wipers are at a high pressure area.

both my micras dont have any pollen filter, its non-essential so removing it isn't a prob (tape up the exposed gap with tape?) and could improve flow if originally clogged

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
Why don't you just replace the filter... I'm an air conditioning mechanic and don't recommend using the system without a filter. What you will eventually find with prolonged use of vent system without filtration is the air coil and ducting will eventually get clogged up with crap.

Good luck.
John.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
I find cracking the window just a little bit is enough to generate extra flow through the vents, especially while on the highway. Or tilting the sunroof/ popping rear windows for the superS owners

Back