160SR 06 Reg for spares

inspectorgadjet

Ex. Club Member
Hi. My 06 reg 160SR died yesterday and needs a new starter motor, ignition and oil sump. I did a lot of driving the first few years and it's got 111K miles on it, but haven't needed to drive it as much in the last year and a half as I commute to London by train now. It's going to cost me too much to repair so it's not worth it to me. I don't have the will or the time to deal with putting it on eBay or trying too hard to sell it so I am going into the dealer on Wednesday to scrap it, but I thought I would post on here first to see if there was any interest to buy it or any parts for spares. They're willing to scrap it and keep the scrapping fee in return for the bit of time they spent looking at it.
I have just put 4 new Kumho tires (cost about £300) on it in Feb/March before the MOT and they've probably got about 500 miles max on them. The car condition itself is probably average and it could be a bit cleaner. I know that it's not the most common Micra, so if there is any interest please let me know before Wednesday. Sorry for the short notice, but I just need to get this dealt with ASAP. I don't need to make any real kind of profit on this, but having just spent so much on the new tires, that is hurting a bit. I am based in Waterlooville in Hampshire. Thanks

Sorry about the delayed reply....I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to sort out a new car...I'm now driving a borrowed Daewoo Matiz and it is awful!!!
There's a scrapping company (removemycar.co.uk) willing to give me £500 for it so I will probably go with that as I need to sort it by tomorrow morning. Garage don't want to keep it lying around. Lol

Back