Is there 2 cats on the 1.6 petrol cc

I've got it on the axles as there's a blow near the mid pipe and see the cat next to it but up near the mani there's what looks like another one :rolleyes: and it's "shield/cover" is rusted ect and "peeling" away. I looked online and found what looks like 2 bloody cats linked, surely not.
The bit that looks like like a round canister is the bit on mine (if that's right) is what's rusted and breaking away ect.
Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 16.49.56.png

You're bloody joking, on a wee crappy thing like this it's got basically 2 cats good god, if put a bypass pipe on it'll fly : )

Tuned for it, straight pipe will need a full remap for any gains and emissions at the next MOT are going to be interesting. Look at the bore through the pipe, it's not bad in terms of breathing even with the cat.

You can remap it to 120bhp easy enough, more requires a few mods. Not really worth it to me, I see them as a nice cruiser that's pleasant to drive, although I must admit to being tempted to fit a set a springs to get it handling a bit more like the goof.

I know, mapping non turbo is in my opinion a waste of time. I just can't believe on a small car like that outs got the equivalent of 2 cats.

I'm tempted just to sell for spares ect but like it for the fact it's the convertible so may just get the cat/s.

Back