2003 k12 1.0 petrol

Hi All, I new to the group and hoping I can find answers to issues I'm having trying to get my daughters Micra ready for its first MOT since she bought it.
I've already replaced the cam shaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor as the car was cutting out - this seems to have fixed that. However problems that remain are:
1) Can't find a fuel filter (precautionary change only)
2) Starter motor not always disengaging - but can't see how to access it.
3) I understand the fuse box for the rear windscreen heater is in a fuse box near the n/s headlight - is this a headlight removal to access it? (I thinking so but checking before I go there).
4) Front cross member is in a very poor state (extremely rusty) and I can see I can buy a spare one - but is there any guidance on how this is done? I've found a few broken links on here but while it looks like its just 2 bolts and detaching the bumper, there's mentions of other items spot welded to it and brackets or support the radiator (that I can't see at the moment on the vehicle).

Please let me know if you can help on any of these points

Thanks in advance

Hi All, I new to the group and hoping I can find answers to issues I'm having trying to get my daughters Micra ready for its first MOT since she bought it.
I've already replaced the cam shaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor as the car was cutting out - this seems to have fixed that. However problems that remain are:
1) Can't find a fuel filter (precautionary change only)
2) Starter motor not always disengaging - but can't see how to access it.
3) I understand the fuse box for the rear windscreen heater is in a fuse box near the n/s headlight - is this a headlight removal to access it? (I thinking so but checking before I go there).
4) Front cross member is in a very poor state (extremely rusty) and I can see I can buy a spare one - but is there any guidance on how this is done? I've found a few broken links on here but while it looks like its just 2 bolts and detaching the bumper, there's mentions of other items spot welded to it and brackets or support the radiator (that I can't see at the moment on the vehicle).

Please let me know if you can help on any of these points

Thanks in advance
1) Can't find a fuel filter (precautionary change only).
Under rear seat in fuel tank.

2) Yes you have to remove headlight. => Fuse box location and diagrams: Nissan Micra / March (2003-2010)

Back