is the hks pfc fcon any good

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
is the hks pfc fcon the same as apexi safc im not wanting to change the ecu just yet just want to piggy back the standard ecu for now anyone recommend something to me thats good for a turbo install

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
You mean the HKS F-con V pro....this is a full stand alone engine management computer, HKS also do a F-con IS. The F-con IS is a Piggy back type computer which manages fuel/air flo and timing...similar to Greddy Emanage ultimate,

Both of these are far more superior to the Apexi SAFC however finding a tuner for these HKS computers is a bit of a bitch.
HKS do not sell there software for these computers to the public.
To obtain the software you have to complete like a 4 year tuning school at HKS america or Japan. once complete you are then able to use the software. Hence the very rare amount of tuners availiable for HKS comps outside of Japan.
How do i know this???? because i run a HKS F-con V pro in my Nissan Cefiro, and everytime i need a tune or do a mod that needs tuned in after fitting i must send my car to sydney at BD4's (licenced HKS dealer here in Aus) for a dyno tune.

The F-con is a great computer with a larger MAP resolution than most aftermarket computers such as APEXI's power FC (PFC is a piggyback). HKS offer a 32X32 MAP resolution where i beleive APEXI pFC is at 16X16 MAP resolution. I beleive the APEXI PFC comes with a pre existing MAP so its basically or very close to plug and play.
The F-con MAP from factory is blank, so it needs to be tuned before driving.
Having said that, The APEXI power FC is still a great computer.

If your looking to run a piggy back type computer on your car check with your local tuners as im not too sure about the abilities of tuners in the UK and what computers they like to use.

the hks pfc fcon does exist. its a very old model.. fcon's in general are a great thing, not to sure on pfc model thou., there should be someone over there that tunes em.. bd4's and x-speed in australia have the software and the licensing. i'd say the pfc fcon would be better over an safc, purely because the fcon can control fuel and ignition, were as the safc obviously only controls fuel. pretty sure the pfc fcons were sold together with the hks turbo kits in the early days for the k11 / cg13de

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
AHHHHHH yes i know the one hes talking about.....PFC is a programable fuel controller.....thought he meant power FC.
Cant say i know anyone with experience with these.
They are a plug in fuel controller right???

yup. i'd say fuel only.. so whether its any better over a safc is questionable.. definately would be more of a **** around to tune it.

Attachments

• 34977.jpg
    34977.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 19

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
yea your rite Turb's the HKS PFC is a fuel only item which also works along with a fuel cut defender. They are also vehicle specific so i guess finding one for the K11 would be pritty hard as i think these are fairly old.

Using the power FC would be nice tho
Lots of turners for them here in Aus....damn power FC's :(

Back