Intro. Hi all, new K11 project.

CMF_Paris

» CMF Member
Hi everyone.

I have just purchased a K11 as a base for my next project.

It's a white '96 K11 LX two-door.
I have spent many years working on my various N15 SSS and JN15 VZ-R Pulsar projects, plus Silvia's and other SR powered Nissan's, so with a light damaged N15 SSS sitting spare at the back of the workshop, I figured it was time to 'scratch my Micra itch' and drop the running gear from the SSS into a neat K11 to use as a daily runabout.

I have a fair few nissan projects on the go for myself, and more for customers, but this one should be something a little different for me.

I can always remember loving the K11's when I was starting out as a Nissan mechanic back in the mid 90's, so i can't wait to get into it!

Parts ordering has begun, and I've not even had the car transported home yet. lol

Thanks for the great resource on the Forum, has helped already.

Cheers.

CMF_Paris

» CMF Member
Cheers Frank.

That build is very neat there, and utilising so many standard features of the donor car.

The best conversions are always the ones that take a simple approach, easy to service, repair and use.

I've got some more reading to do I think!

I'm active on the Almera forum with a few of my other cars, so will have to look around a little harder :)

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Welcome.
Thanks for sharing your plan and i/we hope to see many updates as time goes by.

My options when i was after a small car were Mitsubishi Mirage, k11 micra or a low km vz-r.
obviously i picked the micra and i'm happy i did. Vz-r would have been great but the micras are fun and a good base to work on.

Best luck with your project.

CMF_Paris

» CMF Member
Cheers mate!

Yeah we must think very much the same, I've had all three of those, the mirage was fun! But got to 15,000km old (bought new in '98) and the 1.5 felt very underpowered. So i dropped a 1.8L MR Lancer twin cam engine in it. Cams, LSD and a few other bits, but lost its appeal about 10,000km later... Moved onto a S6 RX-7

My VZ-R is actually a really rare homologated Group N version, built in a colaboration with Nissan/Nismo/Autech to allow the cars to run in the N1 C-4 class in Japan and Asian Gp.N. It is one of the 36 actual race edition versions built in late '98.
I've only driven it twice in the 5 years I've owned it, but it is fantastic beyond belief.
It's a 200+ hp N/A 1600 race spec engine with the works, plus a full stripped lightweigh body and minimal specs. ie, no radio, no A/C, no sound deadener, no power windows etc.. But it's a keeper

Then I have a 150kw at wheels N15 SSS club/track car.. And another modded SSS road car, and an R31.. S14.. And.. Yeah

Got to love a good nissan project :)

..oh, and now a Micra! sweet!!

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Awesome!i thought that all vz-r were Autech. Or is that where nismo stepped in on yours to make it truly special?
I have an r31 gts-x coupe and a Datsun 260Z As

CMF_Paris

» CMF Member
Basically correct mate.
Almost all factory tuned VZ-R's (Autech version hatch, 2L and N1's) were marketed through Autech, although quite a number of the parts regards engine development on even the original (200 made) Version-I N1 pulsar's were Nismo derived.

But as the 36 built Version-II cars included the road homologation cars (required), as well as the actual series race cars themselves, some of those 36 were sold via Nismo outlets.
The cars sold by Nismo to Nissan Motorsport account holders, did not carry any 'Autech' badging, and based on mine (originally sold to a representative of the 5zigen/Dijon endurance motorsport team) they also had quite a few Nismo options added.

It's very hard to get confirmation out of Nissan/Autech or Nismo. But I have managed to get them to confirm in writing at least some of the finding regards the car, along with the 36 build total for the model run.
Been a long road to prove much of these cars true history.

Nice work with the GTS-X and Datsun too, I love the 246/260's! And the value is only increasing on those two :)
Much done to either?

My R31 is just a neat cruiser, an almost all original white over silver series-3 silhouette sedan, that had a few dealer fitted options from back when new, like a GTS-2 cam and fuel computer, and a set of 15inch Simmons V4's.
it's quite low km's (132,xxx), and in great condition. So it see's the odd vacation duties, or a Sunday stroll.
Love it though!

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
The 31 is rb20det, running a vg30 steel wheel turbo at 14psi but it creeps to almost 22psi at 7000rpm. Front mount. 3 inch exhaust. With a safc2. 212rwhp. Enough to have some fun.
Has r32gtr front seats, king springs and koni adjustables and front strut brace.

The 260Z has a rebuilt L26 with triple webers and stage 1 cam, extractors and a slightly bigger exhaust. The rest is all stock and pretty rough.

Unfortunately neither one are licensed anymore. I moved a few times and the rego papers didn't get to me till it was way too late.

Back