Intro--Duction

CMF_snapsecond

» CMF Member
Hey yall.....

Just bought a 97 lx 2door...and joined micra.com to say hello, and just join the fun...thanks to my mate ben for puutting me on to u guys. and igniting the micra love buried deep down in me..

I got some goodies recently to put in/on...anyone used pedders sports ryder springs at all... just wanna now if they are much lower than standard...

CMF_snapsecond

» CMF Member
IMG_0225-1.jpg

CMF_snapsecond

» CMF Member
hahahaaaaa...sorry for the belated reply...yea i just bought new springs only, all round. Pedders sports ryder springs, they are are mad red color...I put the rears in to see the amount of drop, and MYCRA is pretty spot on with the 2inch call...i am kinda looking for more low...

SO

If any one has some magic secret coilovers from the magical coilover wizard, they have been hidingfrom everyone chasing coilies ATM, and are willing to part with them,or swap with some cash for my sports ryder springs, that would be AWESOME..
other wise i'll just sell em off..

CMF_snapsecond

» CMF Member
yea, i know... have made some more progress... grinder love and mad cordless rattle gun action...
Does anyone know wat the diameter of the actual spring in a stock micra stut is...(by spring i mean the wire that is wound, to make the spring)
I got a mate who works at a custom spring place, and said his machines at work can punch out any width coil, any length, in upto a 16mm diameter spring wire... thats 1.6 cm....

is a stock spring in a micra made up of wire thicker or thinner than 16mm... anyone know???

cheers
ryan

CMF_snapsecond

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"So your the guy that owns that, saw it on fb with Koya ae tek and was like so that's how they look, cause ive always like them :)

hahahahaa... yea thats me.. ryan goody...add me on fb man...i like the ae teks, they have a nice dish to them for a small wheel hey!!
Greo WROTE:

"Car is looking good :)

you're mates with ben, love his micra it's so low.

yea, hey greo, ben thought you were mates with the guy i bought it off.. bens is super low, mine wil be just as low very soon...!!!!!

niiCk WROTE:

"looks great, have any bigger pics? those are tiny!

are those with the pedders springs in?

thanks nick... they are tiny, sorry, there taken on my i phone, i'll razzle up sum from my mate storm at option 1, he said to drop buy and he'll take some shots with a few different lenses, after the low.. it' not on the pedders atm,just cut the stock ones.. the pedders were about an inch higher than it is atm, and i didn't want to cut the pedders... they are for sale now... $270

i have a rad lolli pop wheel to go on, and am searching for a suitable dildo, by suitable i mean "huge"..also have a nizmo pan hard rod.. And will get it put on with my next wheel alignment..
cheers for the great comments guys

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
where did you get the steering wheel from?! ive always wanted one:(

and damn, you got the nismo panhard rod i wanted to buy..what wheels are in the background?

also how many coils did you cut and how did you make it stay in place?
Thanks

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"its standard height nick

yeah i thought he said he cut the stock ones..

Greo WROTE:

"<BR>it' not on the pedders atm,just cut the stock ones.. <BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>Reading is good Low. <BR><BR>I have one of those lollipop steering wheels too but it isnt on my car atm. think i might get a nardi off freeworks for it.

really? can you pm me when you want to sell that lollipop steering wheel? i'd be interested..
Thanks

CMF_snapsecond

» CMF Member
the wheel is from jdm garage.. at capalaba..

it definately not stock height, i cut about 1.5 coils off front and bak..will be cuting more and getting some custom made coils from a mate...
the stock coils in a micra front are made up of about 11mm wire, the bak is about 10mm....im getting some 14 mm wire wound into a cutom spring for all round... should be less travel, and less mucking around..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
snapsecond WROTE:

im getting some 14 mm wire wound into a cutom spring for all round... should be less travel, and less mucking around..

i tried some honda/rover 12mm gauge springs and they were very very firm :O and because they did,nt compress when i lowered the jack down, they were either too high or not captive when shortened

Back