Interior Part 1: Doorcards

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Started on them today and although this aint the final final design, I would like to know what people think about these?? As its constructive I don't mind. I have put a pic of how it looks now, the panels on it are cardboard templates, and a pic of an almost final design with the corsa door pods, need some of these if anybody know anyone with a corsa. :) Opinions welcomed. :D Handle is in the process of been smoothed off, and I may curve the added panels slightly.

Attachments

• P1040928.JPG
    P1040928.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 272
  • door card design.jpg
    door card design.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 289
looks impressive dan! the armrest would be so cool if they were see through they almost looked it for a second lol

Haha, that would be very kool. :D Armrest and speaker pod will be going orange also. :) Had the pod measured up and apparently it 4cm shorter than the micra door cards so will fit beautifully. ;)

dude im liking it, i think im going to redo my doorcards tomorrow as the frist draft my mine went a bit sour, like the pattern and the brown leather

I promise you its a slightly pale orange, the camera makes it look a weird colour lol. :) The panels are actually going under the vinyl on top along with "micra" so all will be embossed from underneath. Will hopefully look quite nifty. :D

Lol, nobody more than me wants to see it finished hehe. :D Just need to get the speaker pods, modify them so that my speakers fit and then just fit material to the door card. Should be easy enough to do. :)

Ok, I'm kind of stuck now, as a change of plan has meant that I have cut the door card corner, and now needs something doing with it. I will probably put some orange material there but could do with some sort of design. Any ideas?? I am now making kick panels for the front components and will be putting the crossovers on the corner, instead of having speaker pods. Need some inspiration for the design. This is how they look at the moment though. :) Still alot of work to do with the panels and sticking it down.

Attachments

• P1110938.JPG
    P1110938.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 227
Some lastest pics from today. :) The panels are now positioned underneath along with micra which will be embossed using the material and a template behind it. Will hopefully be glueing it down and getting this one finished tomorrow. :D What do you all think so far?? :)

Attachments

• P1130941.JPG
    P1130941.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 197
  • P1130942.JPG
    P1130942.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 211
  • P1130943.JPG
    P1130943.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 213
  • P1130944.JPG
    P1130944.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 196
some impressive work there mate, you could make yourself a few bob making new cards for people you know :)

when you getting the beast back?

Lol, they actually look worse in the photos than what they do in real life as the flash shows up every fault with it, including the fist mark i put in, when pressing the vinyl down on the right hand side... doh!!! Nearly had a nightmare with them as the lettering came up when I was sticking the vinyl on top... I nearly screamed lol. :p Came out ok though, so its onto the next one now.

SHOULD hopefully have the car back sometime this week in time for the Jap meet on Saturday, as Wayne is off work all of this week and also has his beast back home now so needs to clear the garage to out that in. :D Will see though, but really very little left to do now. :)

A few latest pics, hehe finally reunited with the car for a short space of time. :D Again it was dark when I took the photo's and also raining but gives you the idea. Still obviously needs finishing and tucking behind and sticking, then its all about done. :D

10-P1270977.JPG

8-P1270979.JPG

Back