Interior light non-responsive...

The interior light of the K12 battle axe has stopped being responsive to the doors being opened.. haven't had a chance to look in the daylight but any ideas what might've caused this..(cutting to the chase..)...?

Cheers,

D.

Hmmm...well...
there are a few things...is it definitly set to "ON"?...I've done that thing where i turned it off to vacuum the mats and not have a constant light on...and forgot to switch it back to on...and panicked when i opened the door and all remained in the dark LOL

worse cases?...bulbs gone?...or perhaps the door close sensor is not un-releasing when you open the door...thus it doesn't turn on in response?

does the light still turn on when you turn off the engine and take out the key? or is it not working at all?

ETA: if it's not working at all...have you changed/damaged your aerial? perhaps water pooling/corrosion has occured from there (to get to the base of the aerial and wiring i think you go through the interior light?)...possibly? :confused:

....will have a look at my haynes manual later

Sorry yes it works when you manually turn it on - its purely when doors are opened that it doesn't which suggests door sensors have both given up... I'll have to investigate them this evening although its hardly a massive worry - just a niggle!! thanks for the response!

D.

Back